Director Of Finance
Company: Hotel Transition - Boutique 100+ Room Property
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel,
safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
* Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or
requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
* Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide
accurate policy interpretations.
* Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff
* Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and
other financial data.
* Support and comply with property standards and Corporate
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
* Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit
* Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
* Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports
for each period.
* Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
* Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements,
covenants, and restrictions.
* Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing
with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
* Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the
annual operating budget.
* Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget
according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
* Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI
* Complete entries required for preparation of the financial
statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make
corrections within the following period.
* Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of
current and potential financial problems.
* Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment
throughout the period.
* Coordinate the property's labor management system.
* Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to
standards regarding the average collection period.
* Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property
* Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local
* Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
* Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as
* Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper
credit extensions prior to arrival.
* Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related
to credit sales.
* Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management
responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
* Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI
Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of
SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
* Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
* Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts
using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
* Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset
categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food,
beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
* Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances
according to established realistic pars.
* Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
* Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for
* Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages
paid (increases and timing).
* Establish an effective cross training program within the
* Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job duties as assigned.
* B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management
* 3+ years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and
* Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and
* Assertive personality, professional demeanor
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Hotel Transition - Boutique 100+ Room Property, Savannah , Director Of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!