Service Technician - Dedicated Customer
Company: Terminal Investment Corporation
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Service Technician - Dedicated Customer
TICO is an equipment solutions company that has been in business
since 1946. TICO manufactures, owns, and operates a fleet of over
1500 terminal tractors (jockey trucks) and trailers deployed in
major U.S. ports. TICO maintains an on port operation where we
service, maintain, and dispatch our own equipment as well as
We are looking for a highly motivated and customer service oriented
Service Technician to ensure prompt response time and service to a
dedicated customer at our Savannah, GA location. Currently we have
schedules available across 2 nd , and 3 rd shifts for Service
Technicians. (12:30-21:30 & 20:30-5:30)
A Service Technician ensures terminal tractors and trucks/equipment
are serviced according to company standards in order to provide
leased equipment that is optimally functional, clean, and void of
all safety related defects and operational in all respects. This
technician works out of a satellite yard at the customer's site to
service and maintain their dedicated terminal tractors. These
responsibilities are completed by utilizing the following:
- Hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments.
- Power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, pumps, jacks, and
hoists. (Provided by TICO)
- Specialized mobile recovery and service equipment.
The Service Technician - Dedicated Customer will be primarily
- Assisting in servicing and setting up equipment to dispatch to
- Coordinating and safely executing a smooth equipment dispatch
by self and/or with a small team Servicing Equipment:
- Add oil, coolant, hydraulic and transmission fluids as
- Performing regular inspections of equipment to identify safety,
compliance, damage, and maintenance-related defects.
- Replace solid and pneumatic tires as needed.
- Clean inside and outside of equipment regularly in order to
maintain neat appearance of leased fleet.
- Utilizing checklists and TICO service procedures to provide
safe and optimally functioning equipment for customer
- Servicing, maintaining, and keeping support equipment clean and
organized. Maintenance and Repairs:
- Recovering disabled equipment
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to terminal
tractors and components at the customer's site.
- Referring more complex repairs to the TICO maintenance shop
using the T.O.S./S.R.I.N. reporting system.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service
Technicians and/or Operations Manager.
- Immediately reporting damaged equipment and accidents to the
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the TICO Terminal
Tractor and other TICO owned and leased equipment.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner.
Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer
- Documenting work hours, vehicle/equipment rental hours, parts
utilized, and work performed.
- Complying with all company/customer/procedures to maintain a
safe, clean and safe work environment and reporting any issues to
- Wear required personal protective equipment at all times during
the performance of job duties and onsite.
- Completing all other daily tasks assigned by the Operations
Manager and any other duties and responsibilities that may
- Must have mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work well in teams
- Must be self motivated
- Must have or be able to provide own basic hand tools
- Must be able to spend 2 - 3 weeks on 1 st shift for training,
regardless of shift preference.
- Experience with operating jockey trucks, fuel trucks, and
industrial equipment is a plus
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Valid drivers' license
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
- A resume must be submitted with application
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and
their families, which includes health, dental, vision, disability
and life insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.Salary: . Date posted:
Keywords: Terminal Investment Corporation, Savannah , Service Technician - Dedicated Customer, Engineering , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!