Manufacturing Engineer III
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PDS Tech is seeking Manufacturing Engineer III--- - for open
positions Savannah, GAPosition Purpose:Work/Lead independently to
prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements
and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods
and procedures) in a specific function (including layout,
production flow, tooling and production equipment, material
fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or
Post-Production environment.Essential Functions:
- Perform technical studies of complex nature, conduct analysis
of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of
recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of
manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed
methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing
process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional
Operations Engineer. 19. Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to
support effective corrective actions. 20. Author MBOM in
SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined
by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation
process. 21. Generate make-or-buy proposals and recommend
corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors,
attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection
with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure
conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment
and facility requests.
- Perform producibility studies from engineering drawings.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future Manufacturing
requirements; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or
reports as needed.
- Prioritize workloads based on schedules and needs; provide
completion dates and work estimates based on available resources,
past performance schedules, etc.
- Keep current on state-of-the-art manufacturing developments.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and
- Develop business case and present to management for process
- Assume the duties of the ME Group Head in his/her absence.
- Assign and review work of subordinate personnel.
- Supervise and train subordinates in work methods and procedures
in the efficient and effective use of company resources to resolve
work-related or quality problems.
- Lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as
a team member/leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
Additional Functions: -
- Ensure quality policies are being practiced; make
recommendations to improve quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or
related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job.
- 4 years manufacturing engineering, planning, or related
technical experience. Unique Skills:
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include weekends and
stay over as -required to support scheduled A/C flights. - -
- Previous experience supporting live A/C strongly preferred.
- Previous Solumina planning experience strongly preferred. Other
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma
principles and processes.
- Knowledgeable of Engineering configuration requirements,
tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal
computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Complete understanding and experience implementing Lean
Manufacturing Concepts: 5S, JIT, SMED, KanBan, VSM, One Piece Flow,
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma or other data-driven decision
making experience highly desirable.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt, equivalent certification, or proven
experience in a Lean Six-Sigma environment highly desirable.PDS
Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Savannah , Manufacturing Engineer III, Engineering , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!