INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER 1
Company: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Daniel Defense, Only the Best Build the Best--- Daniel
Defense engineers and manufactures the world's finest weapon
systems and accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top
quality small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement
communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home
defense, hunting, and sport shooting. As the Industrial Engineer 1,
you will be responsible for the functions outlined below. Essential
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of
environmental health and safety principles, policies and
- Assists with planning the utilization of facilities, equipment,
and materials to improve efficiency of operations.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications,
orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of
manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Needs to utilize CAD for shop floor layouts.
- Estimate production costs, cost savings methods, and the
effects of production design changes on the expenditures of
management review, action, and control.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to
develop standards for labor utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving efficiency and reducing waste
such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating
workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Collaborate with leadership and engineering staff to implement
plans and recommendations.
- Develop systems for cost analysis, financial planning, and job
- Responsible for establishing instructions and guidelines and
using them to perform the functions of the job.
- Prepare system and business workflow documentation and diagrams
to identify operations to be performed by system & personnel.
- Must be able to participate in business meetings and help drive
the strategic vision for all business applications.
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects at once.
- Work closely with others in a team-based environment.
- Support and maintenance of material, part master data,
production routings, product lead-times, and run time standards in
the ERP System
- Support data quality requirements and other changes as
- Create & maintain part master data in the ERP System.
- Interpret & manage data for industrialization of new products
in the ERP System.
- Provide data quality reviews to ensure material & part master
data complies with polices, procedures, ERP functionality
requirements and support downstream data requirements.
- Creates and maintains SOP's/ Procedures.
- Maintains individual and department goals and completes
projects in a timely fashion
- Participates in the company's efforts to continuously improve
in Safety, 6S, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high
integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by
management. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Engineering with 0-2
years of experience or a combination of related experience,
education and/or training to sufficiently and successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. .
- Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support
- Work is closely managed.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with
others is necessary.
- Experience with ERP systems functions and concepts.
- Experience with Visio or other workflow simulation
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated; willing to put in extra effort and hours as
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all
company officials, employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities,
identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within
budget with direction and guidance from senior engineers.
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office
(Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work with our Permission
to Play Values. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending
throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include
working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals,
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment
as required by your position and/or Company policy. Daniel Defense
is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free
Workplace." Note: The statements above are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned
to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this
job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of
the employer and do not establish a contract of employment - Daniel
Defense is an at-will employer. PI177328737
Keywords: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC, Savannah , INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER 1, Engineering , Ellabell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!