Company: Colonial Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our
success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional
people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our
customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the
development of our people, we ensure our management, operations,
and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in
their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for
talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a
company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and
Our Facility & Team allow us to completely Refit, Repair and
Service the World's most exclusive Superyachts, being named 1st
choice on the East Coast of the U.S by our customers.
The Yacht Mechanic services, repairs and/or replaces ships
machinery such as drivelines (including bearings and seals), main
propulsion equipment, hydraulic and electric thrusters, generator
plants and all other auxiliary systems. The Yacht Mechanic is also
responsible for planning and executing all major equipment lifts
and movements in a safe manner and to ensure all work is performed
in accordance with relevant class requirements.
- Engine, gear box and shaft removal, repair and
- Rudder and rudder bearing removal and installation.
- Propeller shaft bearing and seal replacements.
- Removal and re-installation of stabilizer fins and shafts.
- Service stern and bow thrusters.
- Replace of vessel anodes.
- Service and repair Auxiliary equipment including pumps,
ventilation fans, steering equipment, winches, windlasses, boarding
- Experience in precision alignment of vessel machinery
- Carry out heavy lifting and rigging of vessels main
- Safely operate equipment such as forklifts, Telehandlers,
scissor lifts and manlifts.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- General maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certification or technical school education in an industrial or
mechanical field is preferred.
- 3+ years professional experience in a shipyard
- 3+ Years' professional experience in yacht maintenance and
- Reading & comprehending blue prints required.
- CPR Certification preferred.
- OSHA Safety & Rigging Certifications preferred (10-hour
Maritime: Shipyard Employment).
- Must be dependable, work as a team player and have a strong
- Ability to start and complete assigned tasks with a high level
of quality in a timely and efficient manner.
Applicant may be subject to environmental conditions such as cold,
heat, exposure to noise, hazards, and confined spaces/close
quarters. Applicant must be aware of work environment at all
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, stand, walk,
kneel, crouch, stoop, use hands and fingers, handle tools or
controls, and talk or hear others. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to
creating an environment that values and supports diversity and
inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $28.00
Keywords: Colonial Group, Inc., Savannah , Yacht Mechanic, Engineering , Pooler, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!