Forging Engineer (US Citizen) Midway, GA 293201 - 491602
Company: Altimeter Solutions
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Description:We have an immediate opening for a dynamic
Manufacturing Engineer (Forging Engineer) to support our growing
Forging manufacturing business.
- Under limited direction, has technical ownership of hardware
produced for applicable customers to achieve established processing
and financial targets.
- Develop, modify, improve, and troubleshoot the processes
associated with the production of aerospace closed-die
- Track forging process performance as a function of materials,
parts forged, or equipment used.
- Support operations with technical guidance associated with
forging practice and heating practice for tooling and
- Initiate and control cost reduction projects to achieve targets
established by the business unit.
- Use CAD software to review forgings.
- Document departures from approved practice for internal as well
as external review.
- Cooperate with process design and product development teams to
identify best practices.
- Review new and revised technical (material, process, quality)
specifications, as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving
mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The
employee is rarely exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme
cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is occasionally loud. Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical
Engineering or a technical related field from an accredited
- Minimum 1 year working experience in forging, especially using
titanium and/or nickel-based superalloys or 1 year in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Verification of
employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- 2+ years of forging experience
- Master's degree from an accredited institution Please see our
website for more job openings:
Keywords: Altimeter Solutions, Savannah , Forging Engineer (US Citizen) Midway, GA 293201 - 491602, Engineering , Midway, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!