Mechanic - LNG
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of Company
LNG/Gas/Liquid equipment, appurtenances, terminals, compressor
stations, pump stations, process plants and other related
facilities.Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Piping,
compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors,
cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment,
process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all
engines, pumps and associated equipment at an LNG facility.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, compressors, pumps,
seals, valves and instruments.
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, centrifugal
pumps, cryogenic compressors and reciprocating engines.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all
facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and
storage areas, including but not limited to excavating, repairing,
coating and backfilling excavations, concrete work, painting,
building erection, weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment
(e.g., industrial carry deck crane, backhoe, water pumps, air
compressors, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State
Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site
Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards,
procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Demonstrate safe work practices with product (gas & liquid)
- Ability to work alone safely and accomplish routine 'covered
tasks' with oversight from a qualified employee.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements: Education:
- High School Diploma or GED Experience / specific knowledge:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after
regular business hours including after dark hours, which may
require carrying a communication device.
- Detailed knowledge of compressor or pump station, terminal,
process plant, gas treatment, storage facilities, gathering and
transmission pipeline systems operations
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquids and high and low pressure systems
- Experience analyzing, adjusting, and making minor repairs on
compressor engines, pumps and other associated equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and
other diagrams Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability
- Must meet the criteria to maintain a Transportation Workers
Identification Card (TWIC) as required by USCG/DHS
- May be required to possess a commercial driver's license, drive
a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as
required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression
requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Completion of any site specific technical training (TPC
Training Program, locally developed training program(s)
- Completion of DOT OQ Qualification
- Review appropriate O&M Procedures Competencies, skills, and
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various
operating systems, and other company software)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, decimals)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Inspect 3rd party construction as directed
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s),
focus attention on details, and follow work rules. Physical
- Lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Exert up to 100 pounds of physical force.
- Stand, walk, kneel, bend and squat for extended periods of
- Twist head and back for extended periods of time.
- Ascend and descend slopes and ditches.
- Work with hands above head
- Work lying on back.
- Climb to heights exceeding 150 feet.Working conditions:
- May work in low-lit areas
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, climb to and
work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Be available for shift work when applicable Supervisory
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Savannah , Mechanic - LNG, Engineering , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!