Posted on: August 15, 2019
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Mechanical
Project Engineer for its Gypsum facility in Savannah, GA.
The Project Engineer is
responsible for organizing and executing all the activities that
both Capital and Small projects as defined in the scope and budget
This includes design, construction/installation, commissioning,
This role will also plan and schedule the project work,
order the materials from company-approved suppliers, work with
contractors, track timing and cost, manage the
and communicate project expectations and progress. The Project
also be asked to assist in troubleshooting, redesigning and
equipment depending on plant needs.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the
world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels,
paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers,
fabrics, building products and related chemicals.
Our building products business makes
DensGlass-- gypsum board often seen in commercial construction,
and RESI-MIX-- wood adhesives, among others.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Developing projects by working individually or with a
team to finalize scopes, estimates, and justification support
- Forming complete project teams as each project requires
(including resources for accounting, receiving, construction,
startup and training, process technical and operations).
- Providing detailed technical documents for material and
equipment procurement, fabrication and
- Using Economic thinking and Cost-Value-Price triangle
when evaluating equipment, vendors, and contractors.
- Ensuring projects adhere to standard company practices
and expectations through all aspects of project life and phases.
startup and performance.
- Managing multiple projects (both large and
- Ensuring that projects have well defined scope and
objectives up front.
- Ensuring that projects have been vetted with the Design
for Reliability philosophy.
- Ensuring that projects are installed in accordance with
established schedule and within expected funding.
- Ensuring that project spending projections and accruals
are accurate within +/-10% overall.
- Participating as needed in assigned reliability
- Ensuring that all training is completed and documented
prior to commercial operation.
- Ensuring that all spare parts are on site prior to
commercial operation of the project.
- Exercising 100% compliance to all environmental,
safety, and business practices.
- Understanding and utilizing the Market-Based Management
Guiding Principles and Decision Making Framework.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of (1) year of experience in Project
Engineering or Project Management in a manufacturing or
- A minimum of (1) year of project management skills and
strong analytical capabilities
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Power Point
and Excel, and the ability to quickly learn various PC-based
What Will Put You
- Proficient in the use of a Computer Aided Design (CAD)
application. AutoCAD preferred.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, preferably in
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years' experience in Project Engineering or Project
Management in a manufacturing or industrial environment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Georgia-Pacific, Savannah , Project Engineer, Engineering , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!