Posted on: August 17, 2019
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Savannah, GA
Pay: Starting pay is $25 per hour, depending on skill set and
SCOPE OF POSITION
Provide general plant maintenance and repairs at the Savannah, GA
Plant. The maintenance mechanic performs preventive maintenance and
keeps equipment in operating condition. The primary focus is on
rotating equipment and steel fabrication/welding. This includes but
is not limited to rebuild, repair, and installation of pumps,
bucket elevators, screw conveyors, motors, drives, mill bearings
and other rotating equipment found with-in the facility. The work
schedule is a Day Based shift.
- Perform non-certified welding, cutting, and burning as required
for steel fabrication.
- Perform pump, gearbox, and motor repair.
- Perform mechanical power transmission coupling and sheave
- Do process and utility piping except for lines requiring
- Change out electric motors in kind and or fuses.
- Perform basic electrical and wiring jobs.
- Basic building facilities, buildings and grounds
- Inform supervisor of need to order parts through inventory
- Complete all work instructions and forms relating to
maintenance, safety, and preventive maintenance; keep paperwork
- Maintain identification and traceability of plant
- Work hours as assigned; be available for emergency repairs when
- Report any non-conformance issues in operations and make
recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be skilled in one or more maintenance trades including
piping, steel fabrication/welding, mechanical by ability,
experience or training.
- Heavy equipment operation is desirable.
- Forklift Training/Experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and
written communication skills and computer knowledge.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum
of supervision, is highly motivated, energetic, and enjoys working
as part of a team.
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a
vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere
and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we
take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment,
performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and
services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and
wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a
fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to
thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement
is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled
through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards
(CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst
employees within and throughout different departments and
locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We
value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work
environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and
Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices
and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with
Keywords: CHEMTRADE, Savannah , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!