Company: Ameris Bancorp
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
team.We want to fill this position with a qualified applicant who
would like to have a long term, rewarding career with our bank.
Ameris Bank will be a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. Applicants must be able to demonstrate our core values
of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Honesty and High Standards.SUMMARY
JOB DESCRIPTION:The City President is relied upon to establish a
market presence, attain deposit and loan growth objectives and
service a portfolio. The position executes sales production efforts
to identify and acquire new commercial and consumer business within
designated, emerging market areas. The City President makes sales
calls and visits to business customers, high net worth individuals
and prospects to customize solutions and meet loan, deposit and
service needs. The position demonstrates the Ameris Vision,
Purpose, Expectations and Values.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies
organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Implements market management efforts customizing tactics to
analyze the market, identify target groups, establish market
presence and optimize market potential.
- Manages business development activities for assigned market,
anticipates issues and opportunities, mitigates risks, solves
problems, removes obstacles, and implements initiatives.
- Identifies business development opportunities and makes sales
calls to existing clients and prospects.Maintains the quality,
profitability and growth of products through appropriate pricing
- Services a portfolio of clients, cultivates customer
relationships and acts as banking consultant to understand client
needs, customize solutions and provide consultative expertise.
- Applies need-based sales techniques to attract, expand, and
retain customer relationships by identifying products and services
to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
- Maintains and services a large deposit portfolio with emphasis
on acquisition of low cost deposits meeting bank objectives.
- Maintains and services a large loan portfolio which meets
margin and revenue objectives as set by Bank leadership.
- Thoroughly collects and analyzes customer and prospect
financials and other relevant data to assess viability, determine
actual cash flow and perform ongoing credit grade determinations
within policy guidelines.
- Identifies and structures large, complex loan and deposit
opportunities that optimize credit quality and profitability.
- Applies a high level of business acumen and credit risk
management expertise to assess the viability of large, complex loan
and deposit opportunities.
- Prepares and articulates accurate, comprehensive, relevant
information to the Loan Committee for loan approval.
- Oversees ongoing quality control for a portfolio by executing
proper documentation, compliance and collection efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and
- Responsible for achievement of market objectives and business
development goals as set by Bank leadership.
- Uses Customer Relationship Management systems to track sales
efforts and prospects.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational
procedures and risk management policies.
- Represents the Bank in business development efforts at
networking and community functions.
- Develops partnerships and collaborates with other lines of
business to attain mutual goals and better serve customers. JOB
- Advanced business acumen and credit risk management
- Ability to organize and deliver highly effective
- Advanced ability to discern customer needs, identify and
- Advanced persuasive communication skills with ability to
articulate alternatives and demonstrate value.
- Ability to analyze markets, identify prospects, develop and
execute consultative, value-added sales techniques and
- Highly motivated to exceed established targets.
- Ability to negotiate, drive consensus, maintain collaborative
relationships, manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to effectively express self, using language and grammar
in a professional manner.
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize a professional schedule
to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time
- Advanced ability to research, analyze, identify viable options,
draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful
recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and
- Ability to provide a high level of interactive service to
others, building relationships and addressing identified
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of banking compliance policies and
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of cost accounting,
financial analysis, and credit principles to assess credit
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products
- Thorough knowledge of relevant geographic market.
- 6 or more years of Commercial Banking experience or related
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience preferred.Reliable transportation requiredDisclaimer:The
above job description is meant to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required for the position.All job requirements are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a
direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of
themselves or other employees.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ameris Bancorp, Savannah , City President, Executive , Vidalia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!