Conference Service Manager - The Sanctuary (Kiawah Island, SC)
Company: Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- NOT A REMOTE POSITION - This role requires candidates to work
ON SITE and is located on Kiawah Island, SC (right outside
Charleston, SC!)WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- HIRING IMMEDIATELY!
- Salaried role
- Health, Dental, 401k & More for Full Time associates
- Paid Time Off for Full Time associates
- Overtime Compensation
- Resort Benefits such as $15 Golf!
- Work in paradise!!
- Free parking
- Committed to the continuous development and retention of our
Team!.Under the supervision of the Director of Catering and
Conferences Services, the Conference Service Manager will
professionally and accurately coordinate the activities of the
hotel's various departments for all groups, Corporate / Incentive
and Associations Group Events, as well as Special Events as
assigned by the Director. The Conference Service Manager will act
as a liaison between the client and the hotel staff from planning,
throughout the function, all the way through to post departure
- Remain on-site during all events and respond to guest
inquiries, and execute tasks, in a timely manner with minimal
- Complete all banquet event orders and group resumes in the
timelines outlined by the Director.
- Plan and meet with clients during all planning sites.
- Plan banquet services and menus, and up-sell a variety of
services and products to enhance all events.
- Prepare ancillary contracts (i.e. golf, spa, etc.) and
coordinate third-party vendor information, as needed.
- Distribute pertinent departmental information to all hotel
departments via group resumes and meetings.
- Guarantee timeliness, cleanliness, and follow-up of event
through to final payment.
- Must be able to effectively organize information and multitask
in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to efficiently observe all events and ensure that
the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- The ability to work cohesively with other departments is
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Delphi
Sales and Catering System.
- Must have a professional demeanor, a friendly and positive
attitude, and knowledge of the local area.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, attention to details
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and
written, are essential.
- Promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity
and employee morale.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent
hotel data at all times.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
accuracy; always utilizing the ability to prioritize and
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- Uphold the core values, and policies and procedures of the
- All other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience within a luxury Hotel / luxury Resort, with
specialized corporate event planning experience, is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of luxury Hotel / Food & Beverage Management
/ Event Manager experience is strongly preferred.
- College degree - ideally in Hospitality or Travel and Tourism -
is strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency and good to excellent typing skills
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and clean driving
record.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work on site in Kiawah Island, SC due to daily
needs of the job requirements.
- Must be able to lift minimum weight of 20 lbs. across
- Must be capable of working consecutive and flexible hours.
- Must be able to sit / stand for a majority of shift while
reaching, bending and stooping as needed.#kigr3
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. Kiawah
Island Golf Resort is an equal opportunity at will employer and
does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy. We truly
appreciate your interest in Kiawah Island Golf Resort. If you have
any questions regarding employment at Kiawah Island Golf Resort,
please reach out to Jobs@KiawahResort.com.
Keywords: Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Savannah , Conference Service Manager - The Sanctuary (Kiawah Island, SC), Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!