Operations / Production Manager
Company: Harper Special Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $50,000 - $120,000 / yearPosition Summary
/ PurposeHarper Special Services is a full service 24 hour
emergency damage restoration company that is growing FAST! We are
looking to add high energy, highly motivated, and customer service
driven individuals seeking a career path in the rewarding
restoration industry.The Operations Manager is the person to
facilitate the timely and profitable delivery of all services while
maintaining company standards for quality and customer
satisfaction. Effectively manage the Operations function of the
business which includes: staffing, training and development,
documentation of work performed, inventory control, equipment
purchases and maintenance, record keeping, housekeeping, and
employee relations.Assist in maintaining market leadership through
rigorous recruiting and hiring, staff development, and business
process improvement.Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Create repeat customers by exceeding their expectations for
quality and delivery of disaster restoration and cleaning
- Exceed company targets for client / customer satisfaction
- Exceed company targets for quality ratings
- Exceed company targets for COGS and Direct Labor cost
- Exceed company targets for cash flow
- Maintain production capacity through adequate staffing,
equipment, and supplies management
- Prepare the annual Operations budget as part of the business
- Maintain efficient and accurate flow of production
documentation from the field to administration
- Development of strategic goals and business objectives for the
- Hire, train, develop, discipline, and discharge Operations
- Determine requirements and execute the evaluation process for
- Track the financial, and overall, performance of individuals,
jobs, and production departments
- Maintain appropriate inventory of production supplies and
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and repairs to all production
equipment and vehicles
- Facilitate the smooth transition of management succession
within the Operations function through assessment, training, and
development of the operations staff
- Provide seamless implementation of appropriate new technology
as it pertains to the delivery of services
- Assign new projects to Estimators and Project Coordinators
- Negotiate with subcontractors and suppliersAdditional Duties
- Facilitate meetings with employees
- Support continuous improvement in operating processes and
- Network with executives in similar positions
- Attend trade shows and industry organization events as
requiredDecision Rights and Authority
- Hiring and discharge of operations personnel
- Development of strategic goals and objectives related to the
- Purchases within the budget established in the strategic
- Determine the criteria and performance level that is used in
the selection and evaluation of subcontractors authorized to work
on company projectsWorking Relationships and Scope
- Purchase of all equipment and vehicles in excess of $500 will
be authorized in advance by the General Manager / CEO
- Clear understanding of, and effective communication with, the
Sales and Marketing function to insure consistency of company
capabilities and capacity with marketing and sales strategies and
- Maintain strong working relationships with appropriate
insurance industry, trade association, training provider, supplier,
and community contactsPerformance Competencies
- Integrity - Ironclad. Does not cut corners. Puts the interests
of the business above self. Earns trust of co-workers.
Intellectually honest, doesn't play games.
- Oral Communication - The individual speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in
one-on-one, small, and large group situations. Adaptable and able
to think on his / her feet.
- Written Communication - Writes clear, precise, well organized
letters, proposals, and emails. The individual edits work for
spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written
information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Team Building - Achieves cohesion and effective team spirit
with subordinates. Sustains a climate characterized by open, honest
relationships where differences are constructively addressed rather
than ignored, suppressed, or denied.
- Planning and Organizing - Participates in setting the strategic
direction for the organization, understands the implications for
the Operations functions and fit with the other departments.
Coordinates plans with other managers and executives.
- Excellence - Sets high, "stretch", standards of performance for
themselves and their organization. Demonstrates low tolerance for
mediocrity. Encourages individual initiative.
- Coaching - Actively and successfully trains people for their
current assignments. Coaches and develops employees for promotion
into positions in which they succeed. A people builder.
- Adaptability - The individual adapts to changes in the work
environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with
frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - The individual is consistently at work and on
time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and
solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - The individual observes safety and
security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Technology - The individual uses typical communication devices
to effectively speed communication and appropriately utilizes
company-approved estimating, customer contact management, standard
word processing, and spreadsheet software tools to enhance
efficiency and accuracy of work performed.Qualifications-Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Education and Experience - Bachelor's degree in business or
related field, or a high school diploma (or GED) plus five (5) to
seven (7) years of related experience and / or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five
(5) years of experience managing other managers. Broad business
experience across multiple functions: Sales, Operations, Admin,
- Financial Reports and Documents - Understands content of
financial reports: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
Able to interpret results and translate into focused actions and
performance tracking through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in
- Constructive Confrontation - Has the ability to solicit,
process and integrate inputs and ideas from subordinates, peers,
and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and
deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively
- Strategic Skills - Comprehends the "big picture". Determines
opportunities and threats. Is comfortable contributing to the
strategic plan and future direction for the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Adequate math skills. Able to quickly and
effectively translate remaining work into manpower planning,
project completion times, and review and assess labor time
reporting. Effectively project job costs based on work remaining.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in the use of
computers and computer software, especially MS Office, Word, and
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations - None required for
this position.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described below
are representative of those that must be met to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to
finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or
hear. The employee is frequently to stand and walk. The employee
must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds and frequently
lift and / or move up to 25 pounds.Working Conditions
- Operations Manager's work includes a variety of duties ranging
from site assessment of damaged property, traveling to and meeting
with customers and clients at their facilities, reviewing progress
of ongoing projects, and inspection of completed work. Employee
will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are
present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage
has occurred, and mold or other organic growth exists.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Keywords: Harper Special Services, Savannah , Operations / Production Manager, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!