Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The General Manager -is responsible for a 24/7 complex operation
and financial performance by providing direction and leadership to
exempt and non-exempt associates at this facility. - This position
is responsible for developing and leading a team that will manage
the employee performance, inventory, vendor, carrier, and customer
relationships. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring
that orders are selected accurately and packed/shipped without
damage for timely delivery. - This position reports to the Director
of Warehouse Operations.Essential Duties &
- Ensures operational procedures for executing activities for
incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of
products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develops and manages a comprehensive strategy for the facility
by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing
resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and
- Manages between 1-3 customers in the warehouse, typically Tier
one customers and e-fulfillment customers.
- Typically manages 500,000 -1,000,000 + square feet of
facilities and approximately 100 or more employees during non-peak
- Collaborates with teams from other facilities to share
knowledge, problem solve -Financials
- Responsible for facility P&L and budget preparation.
- Audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and
authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer
- Ensures proper percentage of labor is charged to respective
departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved to identify
- Reports out on locations financial and operational
- Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and
works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover
balances in a timely fashion.
- Conducts annual review of customer contracts, determining and
recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and
Director of Business
- Drives continuous improvements to safety, quality, cost and
delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous
productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any
other pertinent company information.
- Ensures proper staffing and support hiring for all facility
- Ensures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing
required paperwork and following a structured training
- Produces and effectively communicates department goals and
individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves
operational success. - -
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with
direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and
department policies and procedures
- -Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation
issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or
company meetings, as necessary
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to
enhance other's skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate
mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares
and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations
and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on
information, tools, and systems.Safety and Security
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the
facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the facility
to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives in
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety
- Prevents associate incident and injury by overseeing accident
investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the
- 10+ years' overall experience and experience in managing a
500,000+ sq ft warehouse/distribution center with total revenues up
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the
willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process
improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.Other:
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations.To all agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this
opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies
to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form
and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such
search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this
position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a
candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement
process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
-#LI-MJ1Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: NFI Industries, Savannah , General Manager, Executive , Rincon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!