Engineering Manager - Completions
Company: GulfStream Aerospace
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Engineering Manager - Completions in GAC Savannah
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a
multi-discipline engineering team within the Completions
organization. The position requires a thorough understanding of
structural analysis, using both hand calculations and Finite
Element Analysis. An understanding of how the analytical methods
are applied to the assembly and installation of aircraft
furnishings is preferred. The position will require working with
closely with design, quality, certification, and operations
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Ability to build relationships with fellow leaders and team
members to achieve an organizational goal.
- Ability to develop team members to achieve their long term
- Willingness to embrace and drive change within a
- Ability to solve problems of high complexity
- Experience in leading teams on small and large projects.
Understanding of scheduling and budgeting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multi-discipline engineering
teams in a in a fast paced completions/operations environment .
- Demonstrated understanding of the STC process within an ODA
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
perform the essential functions of the job. 13 years applicable
Engineering experience to include at least 5 years supervisory or
broad managerial experience. Experience credit will be considered
for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Master's or 4
years with PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Establishes requirements, operational objectives and work plans for
an important segment of engineering programs. Manages activities
through subordinate supervisors and exercises full oversight of
priorities, cost, methods and staffing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that budgets, schedules, and performance standards are
aligned with the business units objectives and are realistically
set and attained .
- Conducts personnel evaluations and makes decisions regarding
staffing, performance appraisals, counseling, and training of
- Responsible for the development and execution of strategic
long-term goals of the organization utilizing detailed functional
expertise and broad company knowledge .
- Conducts briefings for senior level management, and conducts
technical meetings for internal/external contacts and customers
- Builds positive inter-organizational working relationships that
improve performance with key customers .
- Directs establishment of facilities and equipment necessary to
meet current and future requirements of the functional engineering
- Responsible for developing, modifying and executing company
polices that affect immediate operation .
Perform other duties as assigned.
Requisition Number: 200029
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 10/31/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this
position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream
Legal Information - Site Utilities - Contacts - Sitemap
Copyright - 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights
Reserved. A General Dynamics Company .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures,
markets, services and supports the world's most
technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Nearest Major Market: Savannah
Job Segment: Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering Manager,
Engineer, Engineering, Aviation
Keywords: GulfStream Aerospace, Savannah , Engineering Manager - Completions, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!