Company: Reeves Construction Company
Posted on: November 24, 2022
MissionDue to continued growth, Reeves is seeking a Project
Manager with heavy highway construction, civil site construction
and/or asphalt paving experience. The Project Manager is
responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned
projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner. The Project
Manager negotiates vendors, pricing, utilizing budgets, and
- Responsibility for project success, including safety, schedule,
profitability, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the business development process including
client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and
negotiations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships
with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract
terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements,
purchase order agreements, etc.
- Coordinates with the Project Superintendent the means and
methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the
- Assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the
procurement schedule with the Project Engineer. The Project Manager
must give special attention to the prevention and documentation of
delays or changes.
- Uses available reports to manage costs and prepare accurate
- Reviews and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost
control budget adjustments.
- Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment
applications and collection of payments from the owner to maintain
a favorable cash flow position.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and execution of
purchase order agreements and subcontracts insurance certificates,
bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
- Completes close-out requirements and punch lists promptly.
- Provide feedback to estimators for use in future bidding or
negotiations, especially subcontractor performance
- Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards
and in accordance with applicable specifications and
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry level and
midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
- Project Management experience preferred --- Bachelor's Degree
or equivalent experience; preferably in construction management or
- Knowledgeable in and proven abilities with estimating in a
paving or construction type environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have ability to interact with external and internal
customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment,
working independently with a high degree of problem solving
- Proficiency in use of Excel and experience with an estimating
This Organization Participates in E-VerifyDrug-Free Workplace
Reeves Construction Company, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates
throughout the states North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and
Florida, has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the
Southeast since the company's founding in 1955. Reeves is a
complete heavy civil highway and site development construction
company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway,
airport, bridge, and military market. Reeves prides itself for its
high company standards of safety, ethics, and performance. To learn
more about Reeves visit www.reevescc.com.
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding
benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education,
and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on
upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental
conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our
infrastructure products and services through empowering and
developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new
technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of
the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family
of Companies, please visit www.colasusa.com.
Reeves, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part
of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation
infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our
international network visit www.colas.com.
Keywords: Reeves Construction Company, Savannah , Project Manager, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!