Quality Control Manager
Company: Weldin Construction
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Quality Control Manager
Weldin Construction, LLC is currently seeking a Quality Control
Manager to support work int he Savannah, GA area.
Quality Control Manager (QCM) is responsible for managing and
performing the daily QC responsibilities to ensure projects are
constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards
and specifications. The QCM role includes direct oversight and
review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of
the work flow process and coordination with personnel,
subcontractors, suppliers, and clients to provide and document a
* Leads planning, development, and implementation of the Quality
Management Plan and system for all work divisions from notice to
proceed through final customer acceptance.
* Establishes and leads quality control initiatives, activities,
and corrective actions.
* Reviews project specifications for project quality
* Reviews shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project
specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and
experience of others in the project team when necessary.
* Conducts weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provides
written minutes as described in project contract documents.
* Manages Non-Conformance Notices and the Request for Information
process though corrective action.
* Manages and resolves issues in conjunction with the project
* Records daily quality control observations on all construction
* Creates, updates and maintains project submittal logs and all
other project specific quality control reports.
* Conducts preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish
an understanding of the standards of Construction desired for each
definable feature of work. Verifies and documents that all
materials received for the project are in conformance with approved
submittals, and contract specifications. Verifies all onsite
materials are handled and stored properly for use on the
* Conducts preconstruction meetings with the superintendent and all
subcontractors prior to the start of each new phase of work.
* Documents and maintains project specific test and inspection
* Conducts follow up inspections to verify all work is being
performed in accordance with the contract documents and the
approved project submittals (Desired results come from what is
inspected, not what is expected).
* Coordinates and documents the testing and commissioning of
* Records and distributes Contractor punch list items, Government
punch list items, and verifies there completion prior to Final
* Documents final inspections, certificates of occupancy and
acceptance of completed work.
* Maintains the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis.
* Assembles and submits project closeout documents that include
O&M manuals, as-builts and warranties.
* Stops work, if necessary, to resolve matters that affect safety
* Conduct daily inspections of all job activities
* Provide reports of observation and maintain records of daily
* Evaluate the effectiveness of controls
* Perform surveillances and audits of construction activities
* Assist in developing, training and verifying the use of QA/QC
procedures and instructions
* Performs other duties as are appropriate and as assigned
Education: Bachelor s Degree in Construction Safety, Industrial
Safety or an appropriate field of study relating to the
construction trade, equitable qualifications through a recognized
union in the construction trades arena, or current or former
licensed owner/operator of a business specializing in the
Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in the construction field
with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in construction
quality control inspection/management. Experience of journeyman
level in a construction trade.
* OSHA 30 hour Construction Safety Course.
* U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Quality Management for
* Technical knowledge of materials and construction concepts.
* Ability to enforce all regulatory, base and company specific
* American Society for Quality (ASQ), International Organization
for Standards (ISO), International Code Council (ICC) or other
quality management training and certification desired.
* Gordian Group Applications
* Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of construction
personnel, professionals, as well as corporate management and staff
and outside business associates
* Superior organizational, follow-up and detail oriented skills;
must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
* Ability to work independently, in a team environment and work
with minimal supervision
* Strong oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on
the presentation of materials in a meaningful manner to ultimate
* Ability to research and analyze complex and technical issues
* Ability to think strategically
* Ability to make decisions, solve problems and exercise good
judgment; ability to work under pressure and prioritize
* Must be able to think strategically and anticipate risk
management and safety trends and issues
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
thorough knowledge of proper grammar, advanced vocabulary,
spelling, editing and proofreading skills
* Ability to quickly become familiar with new industry and
regulatory information and apply such information to risk
management and safety programs
* Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and Adobe software
* Working knowledge of standard office equipment
* High degree of sensitivity and ability to maintain confidential
* Medium physical workload.
* Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to
10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects, including the human body.
* Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such
as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required
to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy
* Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to,
climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking,
lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive
motions. Maintain equilibrium to prevent falling when moving,
walking, standing, kneeling or crouching particularly on narrow,
uneven, irregular, slippery surfaces, going up or down ladders,
stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles or other objects using hands,
arms, feet or legs.
* The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental
conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The
worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions, proximity to
moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working
on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure
* The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors,
dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a
case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
Keywords: Weldin Construction, Savannah , Quality Control Manager, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!