Human Resources Manager
Company: Hotel Transition - Boutique 100+ Room Property
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of
the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage
and benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements
and the execution of associate relations activities, in order to
provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support
necessary to achieve their guest service and business
* Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General
Manager, management staff and associates in order to maximize the
quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and
interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
* Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their
maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration
and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes,
analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and
make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
* Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting
and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal
presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and
retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews
for all management positions. Insure all other pre-selection
activities are completed, including drug testing, reference checks,
background checks, etc. Ensure all new hires and existing
associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
* Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures and
Federal, State and Local laws and regulations which pertain to
Human Resources. Implement new procedures and communicate verbally
and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with
Affirmative Action Plan.
* Direct and administer associates relations programs and
activities such as associate recognition and service award
ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain
a positive associate relations climate. Monitor the associate
performance appraisal programs. Analyze evaluations to ensure
appraisal comments are appropriate and verify goals are measurable
and achievable. Control the administration of wages and benefits to
ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing
and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports,
manuals and/or computer systems.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* 3+ Years of Human Resources Experience.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates
with tact and diplomacy, to diffuse anger and collect accurate
information and resolve conflicts.
* Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as
well as considerable knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and
regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals.
* Able to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate.
* Basic mathematical skills in order to perform moderately complex
calculations for salary and benefit administration and to forecast
departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex
* Ability to prepare correspondence and meet deadlines.
* Ability to prepare office memorandum and correspondence as well
as provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance and
counseling to all associates.
* Ability to observe associates in the work place, analyze
operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas
such as associate performance, grooming, training, policy adherence
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
* Ability to stand, walk and sit and continuously perform essential
job functions for an eight-plus hour shift with or without
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Hotel Transition - Boutique 100+ Room Property, Savannah , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!