Company: Hei Hotels
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of
the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial
reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards. Departmental Functions
- Have knowledge of all job descriptions and SOP's relating to
functions within department.
- Be able to perform all accounting functions in the event
assistance is needed.
- May monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including
- Ability to plan effectively in order to meet demands of both
guests and staffTraining
- Set priorities regarding training needs within the
- Accurately assess staff members' training needs and locate
sources to provide training needed.
- Train and develop staff members in multiple areas.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English.
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Listen and absorb information correctly.
- Communicate well at all levels within the organization.
- Manage associates and resources effectively.
- Effectively practice firm and fair associate treatment.
- Foster teamwork within the department.
- Identify and solve problems within existing time constraints.
Relationships with Other Departments
- Use effective communication skills in order to work with
department to reach common goal.
- Assist in building strong relationships with other departments
throughout property through effective demonstration of
communication, training, and listening skills. Coaching and
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Determine proper atmosphere for coaching and counseling.
- Objectively analyze associate performance and determine
strengths and weaknesses.
- Handle all disciplinary matters in accordance with policy and
consistently with all associates. Accounting Practices, Procedures,
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time
frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet
HEI Corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record
retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any
other applicable tax liabilities. Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including
collection calls as needed.
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit as
- Verify cash deposits are made timely as needed.Balance Sheet
- Assist Controller with the Reconciliation of balance sheet
accounts each period.
- Review any problem accounts with Controller and adjust entries
to the general ledger. Assist Controller as Needed
- Help with any projects that may be requested.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and
- B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management.
- Analytical approach to problems with regard for detail and
- Assertive personality.
- Sound administrative and managerial skills.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
etc.HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a
comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your
physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your
most important investment - you!For your physical and mental
wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as
Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI
provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal
and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability
plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts
through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide
additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your
future.HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
characteristics.Requisition ID: 2019-8613 FLSA Status: Exempt
Street: 601 E Bay Street
Keywords: Hei Hotels, Savannah , Accounting Manager, Executive , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!