Optometrist - Savannah (Physician #)
Company: Privia Medical Group
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Outstanding opportunity for a BC/BE optometrist interested in
joining a comprehensive multi-specialty group in Savannah, GA.
- Our team includes more than 120 healthcare professionals
encompassing more than 20 specialties and services in the Savannah,
Richmond, Hill, Pooler, Rincon, Baxley, Bluffton, Hilton Head, and
- Under the general direction and supervision of the department
head or designee, performs routine procedures using independent
professional judgment in the practice of optometry within the scope
of the laws of the state of Georgia, the rules and regulations of
the Georgia Board of Optometry and the policies of SouthCoast
- Part-time schedule
- Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
- State of Georgia O.D. License and OD degree from an accredited
school of Optometry.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience as an Optometrist, highly
- Conducts and documents history including chief complaint,
relevant symptoms as appropriate; pertinent ocular health, family
and medical history, medications; current spectacle/contact lens
and any other data required to manage the patient's vision and
ocular health needs.
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments, and
pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception,
focus, and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other
abnormalities, such as glaucoma or color blindness.
- Is proficient in the use and interpretation of standard
ophthalmic equipment. These include but are not limited to
retinoscopy, subjective refraction, lensometry, visual fields,
mobility and pupil testing, slit lamp examination, direct and
indirect ophthalmoscopy, gonioscopy, fundus contact lens, tear
function testing, Amsler grid, confrontation fields, etc.
- Uses tests and procedures as described above designed to detect
and appropriately manage disorders common to the elderly such as
glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Accurately interprets data from clinical exams. Makes sound
clinical diagnoses. Adequately documents findings.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses,
and other vision aids. Analyze test results and develop a treatment
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when
required for more holistic eye care
- Identify eye health safety factors that could impact vision,
such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care About
- Savannah is a charming Southern escape where art, period
architecture, trendy boutiques and ghost stories make it a
wonderful place to live.
- With Savannah being the largest urban historic district there
are endless things to do and places to explore with beaches,
boating, camping and hunting nearby.
- Located about 3 hours and 30 minutes miles southeast of Atlanta
and 2 hours north of Jacksonville, FL.
- There are 4 surrounding universities with Emory University, one
of the world's leading research universities, close by.
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group, a
physician-led organization comprised of over 600 practices with
2,400+ providers. Privia supports top doctors with advanced
technology, population health initiatives, and team-based care to
help you better manage the health of your patients.
Associate Director, Physician Recruitment
Privia Medical Group
[Click Here to Apply] Keyphrases: ophthalmology jobs,
ophthalmologist jobs, optometry jobs, pediatric ophthalmologist
jobs, pediatric ophthalmology jobs
Keywords: Privia Medical Group, Savannah , Optometrist - Savannah (Physician #), Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!