Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: AppleCare Immediate Care
Posted on: January 9, 2021
BASIC FUNCTION:A licensed practical nurse (LPN) provides skilled
nursing services to patients under the direction of a Medical
Provider and plays a vital role in the clinic. The LPN provides a
variety of related services to maintain a safe, therapeutic
environment.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules appointments as
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient / family
responses, medication dispensed / prescribed, and test results in
- Recognizes patient distress and takes appropriate action.
- Calls patients to relay physician messages and outcome of
diagnostic test or lab results.
- Corrects information in patient demographics as needed.
- Calls in prescription refills.
- Collects specimens as ordered by the physician.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Cleans exam room(s), instruments, hallways, and equipment
between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Performs venipunctures, injections, IVs, and labs as
- Completes drug screens, breath alcohol tests, spirometry, and
- Maintains training in OSHA / HIPAA compliance.
- Maintains referral and lab notebooks.
- Informs provider of any abnormal labs / tests.
- Triages patient education.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according
to Federal guidelines and regulations.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:High
School Diploma or equivalent. Must possess a current license to
practice as an LPN in the State of Georgia. Must be knowledgeable
of nursing practices and procedures. Must have the ability to deal
tactfully with patients and family members. Must possess excellent
written and oral communication skills. Must have patience, tact and
a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm. Must maintain current CPR
and Drug Screen Training certifications. Must have a valid driver's
license. Must pass a pre-employment criminal history, drug screen
and motor vehicle check.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to act as a role model for ancillary personnel.
- Good digital dexterity and hand-eye coordination to utilize
- Superior oral and written communication with co-workers,
patients and their families.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with others
at all times.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle situations
- Respect patients and co-workers on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate/order labs with outside lab company.
- Knowledge of PAR levels.
- Knowledge of ordering procedures.
- Knowledge and training of all drug screening and types.
- Basic knowledge of AAP concepts (labs, testing, etc).
- High-level of organization.
- Ability to multi-task.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
ENVIRONMENT:Physical demand and work environment are representative
of those in a medical office/clinic environment. This position
requires regular standing, walking, sitting, use of hands,
reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or
crawling. Position requires the ability to hear and frequently lift
or move up to 35lbs, infrequently up to 50 lbs. Manual dexterity
required in the use of normal office equipment i.e., computers,
copiers, fax machines, etc. This position requires moderate to
intense visual concentration, reading, using a computer and
reviewing patient charts. Position requires distance and peripheral
vision and the ability to adjust focus and see color. This position
has daily contact with patients, families, medical facilities;
physicians, physician office staff, vendors/suppliers and AppleCare
staff and requires excellent communication and problem-solving
skills and professional demeanor. This position may include travel
outside of the home clinic. This position has a risk of exposure to
infectious diseases requiring standard safety precautions.NOTE:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee
may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
Keywords: AppleCare Immediate Care, Savannah , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!