Registered Respiratory Therapist- SGHS
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and
employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia
Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls
everything together: A team of committed professionals like you.
These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks
through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), you will provide
direct care to patients using the respiratory process of
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. You will be
responsible for managing the care of assigned patients. You will
develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients,
guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving for
excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this is
more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and administering intermittent respiratory therapy
procedures, including IPPB, Chest PT, Incentive Spirometer, Hand
held nebulizers, MDI and Oxygen therapy as prescribed by the
physician and in accordance to standards set forth in the clinical
- Introducing and maintaining airway access and stabilization.
Setting up and administering ventilator support via mechanical
ventilation, CPAP, or BIPAP, as prescribed by the physician and in
accordance with standards set forth in the clinical practice
- Performing arterial puncture according to standards set forth
in the clinical practice guidelines. Performs analysis of arterial,
mixed venous and capillary blood via existing equipment in a timely
fashion. Follows current policy on how to handle specimens.
- Initiating, maintaining and operating all monitoring equipment,
including pulse oximetry, end tidal carbon dioxide, peak flow
meter, NIP manometers, and respirometers. Troubleshoot all
- Documenting all respiratory therapy records in a complete
fashion, including all pertinent patient data. Documentation to
include participation in multidisciplinary notes and education flow
- Demonstrating skill sufficient to assemble, install,
disassemble, and clean all patient care monitor, devices, and
What you will need:
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current RCP license to practice in the State of Georgia.
- American Heart Association BLS required
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire or
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible,
and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and
communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we
enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and
into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities,
mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of
cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet
professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and
work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your
skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition
reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to
an onsite gym).
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community
Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler
Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration
forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant
initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care
provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients
Associated topics: aso, crt, resp, respiratory, respiratory care,
respiratory therapist, rrt, therapist
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Savannah , Registered Respiratory Therapist- SGHS, Healthcare , Brunswick, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!