Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Company: Alliance Animal Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Island Veterinary Clinic is a well-established, progressive 4
doctor companion animal general practice in Savannah, GA on
Wilmington Island. We've been serving the community since for over
40 years and have a loyal client base and excellent tenured staff.
Our goal is to create and maintain meaningful and consistent
relationships with our clients and patients in order to provide the
best care for each individual. We strive to maintain a "community
feel" to our clinic while using advanced diagnostics and education
to maintain high standards of care.
We offer many services to provide the best and most comprehensive
care to our patients including Wellness Services, Preventative
Care, Walk-In Urgent or Sick Patient Care, General Surgery, Brand
New Digital Full Body Imaging, Ultrasound, Full In-House Idexx
Laboratory (Procyte, Catalyst, Coag dx, U/A analyzer, Sedivue,
Snap-Pro, ECG), In-House Pharmacy, Cold Therapy Laser,
Electrocautery, Medical and/or Vacation Boarding, Grooming & more.
We also offer 4 exam rooms and separate dog and cat lobbies to
reduce stress on our patients. Cornerstone practice management
software with 10 workstations throughout the hospital makes medical
record keeping fast and efficient!
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Pet restraint, triage incoming patients, collection and analysis of
lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of
medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability,
administration of medications, effective communication of treatment
plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be
exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially
We're looking for:
- An experienced Veterinary Assistant with a minimum of 1-year
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong
- Must be able to properly restrain pets.
- Proficient in sample collection, obtaining medical histories,
processing laboratory tests and radiographs, and anesthesia
monitoring are a bonus!
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your
knowledge and skillset.
We Offer Our Staff
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k
& 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, &
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet
Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
- Note - some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly
for full time employment status vs part time status.
To learn more about our clinic click here.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because
of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation
or National Origin
Keywords: Alliance Animal Health, Savannah , Experienced Veterinary Assistant, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!