Company: SouthCoast Health
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSouthCoast Health Is Looking For A Full-time
Medical Assistant For Our Pediatric DepartmentResponsible for
assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, and
organizational tasks. Responsible for patient flow, appointment
scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients
so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic
- Assist physicians with patient care, clerical, and
- Control patient flow in clinic.
- Prepare patient charts for appointments.
- Prepare patients for examinations and special procedures.
- Obtain/record vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure,
pulse, respiration and temperature).
- Document patient care observation and activities according to
professional standards and procedures.
- Perform clinical duties as assigned by Nurse or Physician.
- Assist with patient plans of care and document care
coordination and interventions while integrating quality initiative
- Obtain discharge summaries from the hospital and other
facilities as needed for coordination of care.
- Administers immunizations and injections after reviewing
immunization record, potential allergic reactions, identifies and
reviews side effects and treatments. Perform venipunctures,
capillary punctures, specimen collection/preparation/testing and
other lab functions as requested. Qualifications:
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels
of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
- Ability to complete tasks as directed by physician and nursing
- Ability to deal with many tasks at one time with
flexibility.Education/ Experience:MA: High school graduate or
equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant
training program, Medical Assistant in the military (DD214), EMT-A
or paramedic required. **An exception may be granted to individuals
that have not attended an accredited training program but do have
(i) a national certification in medical assisting and (ii) a
minimum of 3 years of medical assisting experience. Such exception
may only occur following (i) a thorough evaluation of the
individual's experience; training/education; skills and
qualifications, (ii) a determination by the Director of Nursing
that such individual has the requisite skills and knowledge to
perform as a Medical Assistant.**Requirements:Must pass proficiency
test. Current BLS/CPR CertificationBenefits: Competitive salary,
health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K),
voluntary insurance policies (i.e. critical illness, short term
disability, life, identity theft). Paid vacation, holidays, sick
time, jury duty and bereavement leave. EEO, DFW, MFVD.
Keywords: SouthCoast Health, Savannah , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!