Company: SouthCoast Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSouthCoast Health is looking for a Full-time
Medical Scribe/MA for our Cardio Office Responsible for shadowing
the provider during clinical services and accurately documenting
notes in the electronic medical record.Responsible for assisting
physicians with patient care, clerical, and organizational tasks.
Responsible for patient flow, appointment scheduling and chart
management. Provides information to patients so they may fully
utilize and benefit from the clinic services.Qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices
including legal responsibilities related to confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels
of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
- Ability to complete tasks as directed by physician and nursing
- Ability to deal with many tasks at one time with
- Assist physicians with patient care, clerical, and
- Control patient flow in clinic.
- Prepare patient charts for appointments.
- Prepare patients for examinations and special procedures.
- Obtain/record vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure,
pulse, respiration and temperature).
- Document patient care observation and activities according to
professional standards and procedures.
- Perform clinical duties as assigned by Nurse or Physician.
- Assist with patient plans of care and document care
coordination and interventions while integrating NCQA, PCMH, MACRA,
PIQ, HEDIS measurements.
- Obtain discharge summaries from the hospital and other
facilities as needed for coordination of care.
- Administers immunizations and injections after reviewing
immunization record, potential allergic reactions, identifies and
reviews side effects and treatments. Perform venipunctures,
capillary punctures, specimen collection/preparation/testing and
other lab functions as requested.
- Responsible for tracking specialty and imaging referrals, as
well as labs to ensure follow-through. Education/ Experience:High
school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited
Medical Assistant training program, Medical Assistant in the
military (DD214), EMT-A or paramedic required. **An exception may
be granted to individuals that have not attended an accredited
training program but do have (i) a national certification in
medical assisting and (ii) a minimum of 3 years of medical
assisting experience. Such exception may only occur following (i) a
thorough evaluation of the individual's experience;
training/education; skills and qualifications, (ii) a determination
by the Director of Nursing that such individual has the requisite
skills and knowledge to perform as a Medical
Assistant.**Requirements:Must pass proficiency test. Maintain
current BLS/CPR Certification. Maintain continuing education in
medical terminologyBenefits:Competitive salary, health, HSA,
dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), supplemental
insurance policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty
and bereavement leave. EEO, DFW, MFVD
Keywords: SouthCoast Health, Savannah , Medical Scribe/MA, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!