Internal Medicine Pharmacist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as an Internal Medicine Pharmacist? At Memorial
Health University Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare
has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our
incredible team members over the course of three
years.BenefitsMemorial Health University Medical Center, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.We are seeking an Internal Medicine Pharmacist
for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients
with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry
for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to
support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you
who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Internal Medicine Pharmacist is responsible for
providing general clinical and pharmacy services in compliance with
regulatory and hospital policies/procedures. The Pharmacist will
provide patient care through the use of knowledge, skills and
abilities in compounding and dispensing pharmaceuticals. Come make
a difference in patients' lives at our phenomenal hospital.What you
will do in this role:
- You will interpret orders and transcribe/verify in the pharmacy
computer system efficiently.
- You will accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals.
- You will monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications,
drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and
appropriateness of drug and dose.
- You will consult with Physicians and nursing staff members
concerning the availability, dosage form, side effects, and
possible incompatibility of new as well as currently used drugs.
You will suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication
alternatives to medical staff.
- You will sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing
nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and
promoting rational drug therapy selection, limiting unnecessary
- You will provide accurate and timely medication information to
healthcare staff and patients.
- You will maintain appropriate controlled substance
- You will assist with clinical services such as drug consults,
nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain
management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by
Pharmacy Leadership.What qualifications you may need:
- Graduate of ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy is required;
PharmD Degree is preferred
- An active Pharmacist license with the Board of Pharmacy in the
state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is
- Minimum of 1 year of hospital Pharmacy experience is
- Prior hospital Pharmacy Residency is preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Memorial Health
University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services
since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and
advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's
leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across
southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah,
Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer
care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and
high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only
Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the
Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our
patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each
other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in
the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Pharmacist opening. Qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our
community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Savannah , Internal Medicine Pharmacist, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!