Company: SouthCoast Health
Posted on: March 18, 2023
SouthCoast Health is looking for a Full-time Lab
SupervisorResponsible for completing laboratory procedures as
ordered by a provider. Obtaining appropriate specimens to meet
testing requirements determined by specific laboratory guidelines
utilizing aseptic technique, as well as OSHA bloodborne pathogen
standards. Knowledge of OSHA and CLIA.Qualifications:
- Knowledge of safety procedures for the lab and utilize
- Knowledge of how to use laboratory equipment properly.
- Ability to properly collect specimens.
- Ability to follow proper lab procedures and policies.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels
of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Manages staff scheduling to ensure adequate staffing to cover
- Properly identifies patient and appropriate patient care
instructions. Performs venipuncture, and capillary punctures on
patients. Identifies and labels specimens. Conducts laboratory
tests on specimen.
- Communicates with and assists physicians, patients and
coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accurately maintains patient logs with date, patient name, lab
accession number, lab test ordered, and laboratory used to perform
- Complies with OSHA and CLIA standards.
- Utilizes appropriate reference laboratory requisitions with
patient demographics information, billing information, test
requested and appropriate diagnosis codes.
- Follows appropriate billing procedures, sample handling, and
preparation as designated by reference laboratory.
- Performs daily maintenance, quality control, quality assurance,
and sample analysis.
- Reviews and reports patient test results utilizing laboratory
instrumentation and test kits.
- Logs provider orders in accession log. Documents in charts in
accurate and timely manner.
- Consults with Medical Technologist or Lab Manager when
questions arise concerning provider orders, questionable results,
or equipment failure.
- Documents quality control and proficiency survey results.
- Maintains lab equipment.Education/Experience: High School
graduate or equivalent. Prefer Associate Degree or Vocational
School program for phlebotomy from an accredited college or
technical school or equivalent experience. Prefer licensure,
registry or certification, ASCP or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years
supervisory and phlebotomy experience.Requirements: Current BLS/CPR
certification.Benefits: Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental,
vision, life, long term disability, 401(k), supplemental insurance
policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and
bereavement leave. DFW, EOE, MFVDJob Type: Full-time
Keywords: SouthCoast Health, Savannah , Lab Supervisor, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...