Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs
skilled nursing services as delegated by the registered nurse
according to physician's orders.
- Verifies the plan of care and any verbal orders prior to each
visit and provides skilled nursing care to the patient according to
the physician's orders and as directed by the Registered Nurse in
accordance with care center policies.
- Performs vital signs and monitors the patient for signs and
symptoms of the primary and secondary diagnosis defined by the Plan
of Care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Reviews all medications for each patient each visit and
performs a medication reconciliation at each visit.
- Teaches and trains patients and caregivers in learning
appropriate self-care techniques with demonstrations as appropriate
to ascertain response to training.
- Collaborates and exchanges patient information with the
physician and the Registered Nurse as well as other appropriate
staff as frequently as necessary to assure patient's needs are
being met. Notifies the physician and Registered Nurse as soon as
possible when patient's condition changes.
- Documents clinical visit notes in the home if possible or
within time frame mandated by care center policy.
- Performs specialized procedures required as ordered by the
physician (i.e. foley catheter change- for which competency has
been deemed appropriate).
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing
aseptic technique as required.
- Stays abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences as frequently as
needed and according to care center policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to
work for the company.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in
an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical
Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for
communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal
skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations,
ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Reliable transportation and company required liability
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, usernames, password concepts, internet, email,
navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using
files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool
bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online training
programs.State Specific Qualifications:Refer to the Licensed
Practical Nurse State Matrix click HERE.Amedisys is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys, Savannah , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Hinesville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...