Medical Lab Technologist - $10K sign on* - Blood Bank
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider
and employer of choice?
- competitive pay plus $10K sign-on bonus for full-time
- Generous Paid-time-off accrual
- 403B retirement savings with company match
- medical/dental/vision insurance coverage
- 24/7 free gym access on campus
- Employee-assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal services plan
- plus more!
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform a variety of chemical
microscopic and bacteriologic tests, procedures and related duties.
You will develop and maintain positive relationships with our
patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving
for excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this
is more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as patient
- Exercising independent judgment to perform and report findings
proficiently for clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use
in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Participating in compliance of accreditation and regulatory
standards (CAP, CLIA 88, GDHR) which relate to all areas of the
- Assisting with special projects (health fairs, correlations)
and in training phlebotomists and MT/MLT students.
- Using quality control samples to verify accuracy and precision
of test results and adheres to the laboratory's policies.
- Following the laboratory's procedures for specimen collection,
labeling handling, transport and processing.
- Performing instrument and procedural calibrations and
maintenance as required or indicated.
- Performing test procedures, identifying problems that may
adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
Corrects the problems or seeks guidance from the Director/Manager
of Laboratory Services, Laboratory Medical Director, Team
Coordinator or designee for problem resolution.
- Reporting and maintaining laboratory results utilizing written
procedure and policy guidelines.
- Effectively operating all computer systems and functions
associated with them to include order entry, resulting, error
correction and applicable billing and auditing processes.
- Working flexible hours to include weekends and
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Savannah , Medical Lab Technologist - $10K sign on* - Blood Bank, Healthcare , Brunswick, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...