Posted on: May 28, 2023
DescriptionPruittHealth -is seeking a -Mobile Phlebotomist!Must
be willing to travel to the following territory: Savannah, Tifton,
and the surrounding areas.Join PruittHealth a family-owned company
that's been around for more than 50 years and enjoy excellent
benefits - medical insurance, 401K and profit-sharing programs,
PTO, Leadership support and guidance, career advancement
opportunities, and a safe working environment! -JOB PURPOSE: Under
the direction of the manager, performs daily phlebotomy activities
accurately, professionally and in a timely manner.KEY
- Handles laboratory data collection systems and equipment to
ensure requests for laboratory tests are properly ordered,
cancelled and charged.
- Correctly identifies all patients to avoid mistakes that can
- Performs blood collections from patients, mostly older age
- Performs specimen processing, preparation and distribution of
- Maintains a constant awareness of policies, and procedures.
Always ensuring enforcement of infection control processes when
working with or around patients. -
- Effectively communicate with patients, reassuring them, making
them feel at ease when you are present. - Effectively communicates
on the phone and face to face by being courteous, prompt and
polite. - Ability to document all information correctly
- Orders and maintains laboratory supplies
- Responsible for keeping all work areas clean and properly
- Handles information with discretion and always maintains
- Coordinates and consults with lab manager regarding lab related
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Comply with all OSHA, CLIA, and federal regulations.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Incorporates the use of technology into day-to-day tasks by
using Outlook, LIS, MatrixCare and other electronic systems
effectively and accurately.
- Ability to analyze work methods to effectively organize work,
make improvements, and correct problems
- Ability to effectively communicate and work efficiently with
administration, mangers, supervisors, partners, and
- Supportive of the goals and objectives of PruittHealth.
- Represent PruittHealth in a professional manner related to
appearance, communication, and the maintenance of patient
- Attendance and punctuality.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Computer- must be proficient with Microsoft office and other
- Participates in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any
subsequently required reports.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain
current license/certification, as required.
- Attends and participates in mandatory in-services.
- Honors patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Complies with corporate compliance program.
- Reports job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as
- Follows established safety regulations, to include fire
protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follows established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipmentTo apply please email
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistant program
- Approved phlebotomy training programMINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 1 year of phlebotomy experience required with
geriatrics.MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: -
- Phlebotomy Certification
- Driver's license and dependable transportation. -ADDITIONAL
QUALIFICATIONS: -Ability to pass a standardized color blindness
testPhysical Requirements:Requires standing for long periods of
time. Working in a skilled nursing facility environment. -Bending
and stretching required. Ability to lift five to ten pounds. -
Working in a fast-paced environment and use of telephone and
computer are required. - Manual dexterity required for use of
computer keyboard.Family Makes Us Stronger. -Our family, your
family, one family. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United
in making a difference.We are eager to connect with you! -Apply Now
-to get started at PruittHealth!As a condition of employment at
PruittHealth, all employees are required to provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved.As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer,
all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
veteran status.Job: PharmacyPrimary Location:
Georgia-SavannahSchedule: Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: May
3, 2023, 3:20:53 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Savannah , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...