Franchised Kitchen Supervisor
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166418
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside
District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a
vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors
to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and
concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW
Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms
and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups
looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite
for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka
Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality
and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks
* Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels
Worldwide for you and your family/friends
* Free Employee Meals!
* We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to
$2000 if they are hired!
* Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah - growth opportunities
* 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and
* Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes
into effect after 3 months
* Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
* Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge - promotes healthy
lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
* Discounted Bus Passes
* We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet
* After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid
Time Off (PTO)
* Enjoy the Holidays! We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour
when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the
* "Tickets at Work" discounts, special access to theme parks and
* Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
* Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification
* Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
* This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening
The Kitchen Supervisor may work anywhere on property where food is
prepared. This person will assist with menu creation and daily
specials. The position will provide supervision over preparation,
flavoring and the cooking process. The Kitchen Supervisor may also
assist with ordering food supplies and equipment, making schedules,
setting prices, organizing records and tracking cost
Assists with supervision of kitchen staff and quality of food items
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
* Understands, follows and enforces all policies and
* Meets or exceeds industry standards for the preparation, serving
and storing food.
* Prepares meals according to recipe in a regular and consistent
* Assigns duties as needed.
* Ensure that food preparation is completed for the next shift.
* Accurately completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning
* Assists with training of kitchen Grand Performers.
* Records production and waste on a regular and consistent
* Assists with accurate counting and inventory.
* Assists with scheduling if directed.
* Assists with menu creation and daily specials.
* Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the
* Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous
* To maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all
* To practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to
self and others.
* To comply with company and departmental safety rules and
regulations, including the property handling of all relevant
equipment and machinery.
* To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact
effectively with guests, leadership and fellow Grand
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Must be able to lead, direct, budget and schedule staff and
Experience / Education / Certifications:
* Food handlers permit required.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have 2 years experience in a leadership or supervisory role
in a full service kitchen.
* Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards and
inventory and control systems.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Kitchen Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!