Franchised Sous Chef
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166378
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: http://jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform
Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment
destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible
dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end
shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will
offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples,
families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and
discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka
Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality
and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks
* Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels
Worldwide for you and your family/friends
* Free Employee Meals!
* We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to
$2000 if they are hired!
* Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah - growth opportunities
* 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and
* Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes
into effect after 3 months
* Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
* Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge - promotes healthy
lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
* Discounted Bus Passes
* We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet
* 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year - start accruing right
* Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout
* "Tickets at Work" discounts, special access to theme parks and
* Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
* Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification
* Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
* This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and
the Executive Sous Chef with the daily operation of the kitchen.
This includes the seamless execution of preparing and cooking meals
in order to provide an exceptional experience for our guests in a
family style setting.
* Cooks and Kitchen Supervisors
* Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
* Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned
* Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in ensuring the
guest experience is second to none
* Interact with guests, ensuring their needs are being met and
* Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are
* Prepare and cook breakfast and set up food items according to the
* Prepare and cook lunch and to-go meals
* Prepare and cook dinner during the Executive Chef's days off and
assist when necessary
* Ensure food quality control
* Cook meals on the grill during special events and outings
* Set up and tear down for group functions
* Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dining room and function
* Adhere to federal and state laws
* Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, recipe cards and
* Maintain coolers and storage areas
* Adhere to proper safety and sanitation guidelines
* Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Management to find points
of distinction and continue to raise the bar
* Be a pro-active leader who is constantly looking for new and more
effective ways of improving products, service and profitability
* Assist the Executive Chef in tracking food costs and completing
* Promote overall success of the Ranch through personal interaction
with other Grand Performers, guests, and vendors
* Work collaboratively with other Grand Performers
* All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's)
* Advanced knowledge of food preparation practices
* Ability to prepare wide range of culinary offerings
* Ability to communicate in the English language
* Must project a professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and
positive attitude, neat and well-groomed appearance.
* Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and
potential clients as well as industry contacts
* Must be able to safely prepare food in variety of styles while
using available kitchen tools and equipment (sharp knives, moving
objects, high heat)
* Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high
temperatures and humidity
* Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat
* Working on tiled floor; slippery conditions may exist; proper
* Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all
job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position
may be asked to perform.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
* Culinary degree or certification or equivalent
* Prior experience in an upscale hotel or ranch setting
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!