Franchised Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166388
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform
Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment
destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible
dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end
shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will
offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples,
families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and
discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka
Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality
and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
* This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Food and
Beverage Outlet manager is to support the Food and Beverage Outlet
Manager in the management for the Food & Beverage Division,
including the Restaurant & Bar, and integrate its functions to
serve local and hotel guests. The incumbent is responsible for
maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring
compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while
directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission,
core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
* Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are
* Follow labor guidelines and ensure that front of the house labor
costs are within budgeted guidelines
* Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are
following according to standard operating procedures.
* Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service
* Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and
counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and
recommending discipline when appropriate.
* Assists with work schedules and evaluating work performance of
* Ensures staff adheres to local, state and Federal liquor
* Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards
and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on
* Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in
restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
* Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local
* Supervises daily shift operations
* Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance
* Complete weekly schedules per Peak Performance standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's)
* To perform this role successfully, an individual must have
experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of
responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of
observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities
required of a successful incumbent.
* Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
* Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to
themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings,
motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while
simultaneously managing several projects.
* Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to
build high level performance and consistency throughout
* Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
* Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to
accomplish results and achieve goals
* Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal
* Knowledge of federal and state liquor laws and basic employment
* Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles
* Knowledge of inventory control reporting systems
* Ability to facilitate and lead effective, collaborative group
* Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and
* Proficient in Micros POS system
* Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving
results through providing direction and accountability of the
following Grand Performers within the culture and policies
established by the Kessler Collection.
* F&B Supervisors
Standards & Culture
* Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and
promoting our standards.
* Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and
purposeful in their communication and body language
* 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky
California Free Spirit
* Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand
Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
* Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank
* Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do
Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
* Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and
consistently beat our best for even better.
* Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
* Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand
* Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the
* Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results
across departments and property locations
* Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine
the right course of action
* Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering
and asking for help when needed
* Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with
* Suggest methods for improving productivity and product
* Prepared and punctual for all meetings
* Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard
* Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
* Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within
* Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
* Improve professional competency and property/location
* Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
* Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
* Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
* To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate
successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve
alignment and support.
* Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
* Culinary Leadership
* Property Ops team
Work Environment / Conditions
* The work environment/conditions described herein are
representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
* Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related training equivalent -
* 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title -
* Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
* Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification
- preferred or attained within 30 days
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!