Franchised Food & Beverage Manager
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166415
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at - jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform
Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment
destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible
dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end
shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will
offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples,
families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and
discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka
Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality
and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
* This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Food and Beverage Outlets
Manager is to provide leadership and management for the Food &
Beverage Division, including the Restaurant & Bar, and integrate
its functions to serve local F&B and hotel guests. This
position oversees management, budget and operation of the food and
beverage service establishment and maintains a close liaison with
the kitchen and catering sales department to ensure maximum
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
* Oversees the day to day operations of the outlets service staff
ensuring that the total guest experience is second to none.
* Monitor customer satisfaction through review of standardized
feedback forms, as well as by spending time with the guests and
ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded.
* Participate in and submit accurate beverage and retail
inventories on monthly basis per direction of hotel controller and
Director of Food and Beverage.
* Participate in and submit accurate china glass and silverware
inventory on quarterly basis per direction of hotel controller and
Director of Food and Beverage.
* Assist in monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting in KHMS
for responsible areas including all areas of the Food and Beverage
* Supervises daily restaurant operations, maintains sanitation
standards and assists service staff on the floor during peak meal
* Strives to continually improve guest and Grand Performers
satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of
responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals,
then implements plan.
* Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve
* Interviews, schedules, trains, develops, empowers, coaches and
counsels, resolves problems, provides open communication, and
recommends discipline when appropriate.
* Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards
and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on
* Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant,
bar/lounge and room service areas.
* Estimates beverage consumption and purchases or requisitions
beverage ingredients and supplies
* Create and implement promotional plans to drive business to
Beverage Department; host local events to create charity and local
* Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have
experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of
responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of
observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities
required of a successful incumbent.
* Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
* Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to
themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings,
motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while
simultaneously managing several projects.
* Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to
build high level performance and consistency throughout
* Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
* Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to
accomplish results and achieve goals.
* Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory
software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word
* Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
* Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and
* Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and
potential clients as well as industry contacts
* Proficient in Micros POS system
* Proficient in Open Table reservation system
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate
successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve
alignment and support.
* Director of Food and Beverage
* Executive Chef
* Front Office Manager
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving
results through providing direction and accountability of the
following Grand Performers within the culture and policies
established by the Kessler Collection.
* Assistant F&B Outlet Manager
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative
of those that an incumbent may experience.
* Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
* Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in
excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
* Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high
temperatures and humidity
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related training equivalent -
* Minimum of 5 experience in Front of House, fine dining Food &
Beverage operations - required
* 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title -
* Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
* Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification
- preferred or attained within 30 days
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Food & Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!