Franchised Banquet Captain
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166441
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside
District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a
vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors
to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and
concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW
Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms
and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups
looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite
for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka
Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality
and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks
* Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels
Worldwide for you and your family/friends
* Free Employee Meals!
* We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to
$2000 if they are hired!
* 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and
* Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes
into effect after 3 months
* Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
* Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge - promotes healthy
lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
* We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet
* After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid
Time Off (PTO)
* We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of
the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
* "Tickets at Work" discounts, special access to theme parks and
* Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
* Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification
* Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
* This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
The overall objective and purpose of a Banquet Captain is to
coordinate and supervise all aspects of service relating to banquet
functions as assigned by El Monte Sagrado. The Banquet Captain will
ensure all standards are followed in order to provide the highest
levels of service to our guests. Responsible for the safe and
appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize
loss, waste, and fraud.
* Banquet Servers
* Banquet Utility
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's) & Competencies:
* Knowledge of banquet service standards
* Knowledge of how to read and execute banquet event orders
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to inspire and lead teams to provide intuitive service
per the Kessler Collection standards
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not
limited to the following:
* Provide leadership and direction to the banquet team, ensuring
that all banquet events are properly executed per the BEO and SOPs.
Work collaboratively with the Food and Beverage Director,
Supervisors, Executive Chef, Catering Sales Manager, and Event
Services Manager to properly execute a banquet function.
* Oversee the set up and tear down of banquet events.
* Thoroughly inspect the function set up prior to the event to
ensure specifications have been executed.
* Requisition supplies such as glassware, china and silverware.
* Assist the F&B Director in hiring Banquet Grand
* Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal labor laws,
including scheduling meal and rest breaks.
* Train banquet staff on proper set up and service, using Kessler
* Attend BEO meetings, internal pre and post con meetings.
* Attend all company mandated meetings.
* All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
* Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry
* Minimum 1 year Banquet service experience in hospitality industry
- required; experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent
* TIPS training/Alcohol Server Safety certification - required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Banquet Captain, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!