Franchised Executive Chef
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Posting Date Nov 01, 2019
Job Number 19154448
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, 700 Drayton
Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at - WWW.KESSLERCAREERS.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Chef position is
to coordinate, supervise and direct all activities of the Culinary
department and directing training of chefs, cooks, and other
kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an
efficient and profitable food service with a high level of guest
and Grand Performer satisfaction. The incumbent is responsible for
overseeing all food preparation areas and all support areas. They
are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing
the activities of the Culinary Department in support of the
mission, core values, standards and goals established by the
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
* Develop menus, recipe cards and build cards
* Interact with guests, ensuring their needs are being met and
* Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are
* Oversee breakfast/lunch/dinner operations
* Ensure food quality control
* Maintains focus on cleanliness to ensure adherence to all
pertinent health codes, laws, and brand standards.
* Maintain and organize coolers and storage areas
* Monitor and produce schedules for culinary staff to ensure proper
staffing levels within budgeted guidelines.
* Participate in and submit accurate food inventories on monthly
basis per direction of hotel controller and General Manager.
* Assist in monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting in KHMS
for responsible food and banquet departments.
* Assist in production of menus, food products, order scheduling
and receiving to ensure proper execution of culinary offerings and
proper par levels.
* Be familiar with and adhere to company product and food
* Be a pro-active leader who is constantly looking for new and more
effective ways of improving products, service and profitability
* Provide enriching experiences for Grand Performers by coaching
and teaching them on a regular basis.
* Arrange and/or conduct Monthly Meetings for Culinary
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have
experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of
responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of
observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities
required of a successful incumbent.
* Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
* Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to
themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings,
motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while
simultaneously managing several projects.
* Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to
build high level performance and consistency throughout
* Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
* Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to
accomplish results and achieve goals
* Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal
* Ability to implement and uphold service standards
* Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
* Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
* Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
* Ability to work with and understand financial information, data
and basic arithmetic functions
* Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and
potential clients as well as industry contacts
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving
results through providing direction and accountability of the
following Grand Performers within the culture and policies
established by the Kessler Collection.
* Executive Sous Chef
* Chef De Cuisine
* Banquet Sous Chef
* Cooking School Chef
Standards & Culture
* Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and
promoting our standards.
* Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and
purposeful in their communication and body language
* 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky
California Free Spirit
* Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand
Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
* Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank
* Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do
Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
* Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and
consistently beat our best for even better.
* Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
* Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand
* Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the
* Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results
across departments and property locations
* Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine
the right course of action
* Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering
and asking for help when needed
* Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with
* Suggest methods for improving productivity and product
* Prepared and punctual for all meetings
* Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard
* Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
* Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within
* Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
* Improve professional competency and property/location
* Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
* Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
* Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate
successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve
alignment and support.
* Vice President of Food & Beverage Concepts
* Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
* Taskforce Executive Chef
* Property Executive Team
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative
of those that an incumbent may experience.
* Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
* Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
* Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high
temperatures and humidity
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in
excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
* Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the
Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title -
* Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
* Food Safety Manager certification - preferred or attained within
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all
job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position
may be asked to perform.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!