Company: Goodman McGuffey LLP
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Litigation Paralegal for Small Savannah satellite
officeSAVANNAH, GADescriptionSUMMARY:Works independently, without
supervision, in a professional position as a paralegal for firm
attorneys, as assigned. Responsibilities may include, but are not
limited to: managing and supervising discovery activities including
investigation to obtain information to respond to discovery,
evaluating and drafting responses to written discovery, setting
depositions, reviewing and summarizing depositions, assembling
legal documents to respond to discovery, drafting discovery to send
to opposing parties and non-parties, legal research to assist
attorneys, reviewing and analyzing medical records and other
documents as required. Requires ability to understand how to draft
and complete assembling legal/non legal documents including
discovery, pleadings and exhibits, and filing and serving legal
documents in proper legal forums as required. Ability to complete
assigned tasks without instruction and handle more complex tasks to
assist attorneys as instructed. A paralegal must be able to type,
handle interruptions, handle multiple tasks/files simultaneously,
do computer work (including internet legal research), properly
record billable time, time entry, and generally assist attorneys in
paralegal tasks as required for a litigation law practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to prepare discovery documents, legal pleadings
and correspondence and type such documents without errors, on a
local area network workstation.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows-based word processing
software, including the Firm's word processing software as
- General knowledge of how to prepare, assemble and serve legal
documents and court filings; i.e. pleadings, discovery.
- Must become familiar with the guidelines of the Firm's clients
with respect to billable activities for clients and communication
with the clients.
- Must be able to work with electronic documents efficiently,
most importantly working well with PDF files with Acrobat. This
includes extracting/deleting pages, converting documents to PDF,
combining multiple files, commenting, highlights, and redaction.
This also includes the ability to extract multiple documents to
produce on CD, managing ZIP files, and working with PTX
- Must be able to respond appropriately to stressful situations
involving priorities and last-minute deadlines.
- Must be organized and capable of handling multiple complex
tasks simultaneously, and perform assignments with speed and
accuracy, creating a professional work product which is accurately
- Must be capable of working as part of a team, assisting any
firm personnel as requested.
- Requires sufficient experience and knowledge to prepare, edit
and enter time worked accurately, following client guidelines, for
submission to clients for legal services performed.
- Must have an aptitude for computer networks and file
- Must be able to meet all billable hour requirements as
- Regular in-office work attendance.
- Other duties deemed necessary by firm management.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- College graduate (bachelor's degree or equivalent)
- Paralegal certificate
- Florida Paralegals must meet the criteria for compliance with
the Florida Registered Paralegal Program statute
- Ability to work in a paperless, high-tech environment utilizing
multiple monitors; scanners; case/firm management software;
Microsoft 2010 Suite; Acrobat X Pro and similar software. Must be
capable of operating other office equipment, i.e., telephones,
copiers, postage machines, printers, etc.
- Must be able to adapt to the firm's use of technology in your
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them under time constraints.
- Must possess strong grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Must be personable and professional with effective
organizational and administrative capabilities.
- Must be a team player who has a can-do attitude, energetic and
a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
aptitude for planning and coordinating projects; ability to handle
multiple and challenging responsibilities and to work
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, vendors and
firm personnel.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment with little exposure to excessive noise,
dust, temperature and the like.
- Forty (40) hour work week, Monday - Friday, with occasional
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities and requirements. Incumbents are expected to
follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties
as may be required by their supervisor(s).
Keywords: Goodman McGuffey LLP, Savannah , Litigation Paralegal, Legal , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!