Franchised Stewarding Supervisor
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 25, 2019
Job Number 19166396
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West
River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform
Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment
destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible
dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end
shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will
offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples,
families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and
discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any
other-where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's
actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates to fill
positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty
services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
* Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels
Worldwide for you and your family/friends
* Free Employee Meals!
* We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to
$2000 if they are hired!
* 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and
* Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes
into effect after 3 months
* Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
* Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge - promotes healthy
lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
* We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet
* After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid
Time Off (PTO)
* We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of
the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
* " Tickets at Work" discounts, special access to theme parks and
* Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
* Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification
* Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
* This position is expected to start 1 months prior to opening
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Stewarding Supervisor
position is to supervise, train and inspect the performance of
assigned stewarding staff, ensuring that all procedures are
completed to the hotel's standards. The incumbent is responsible to
assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests. They
are to provide the highest level of service in support of the
mission, core values, standards and goals established by the
Areas of Responsibility:
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
* Prepare and distribute assignments for Stewarding staff and
* Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they
arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise
the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
* Check supply levels in storage closets. Complete requisition for
additional supplies needed and submit to manager.
* Check workstations for proper supplies, organization, cleanliness
and mechanical problems.
* Observe staff performance of job functions and ensure all
procedures are completed to departmental standards.
* Review kitchen and restaurant service needs from Stewarding
throughout the shift and ensure that all requirements are met
according to specifications.
* Monitor all work areas for compliance with state health
regulations and hotel requirements; follow through on any
* Monitor and ensure that all temperature and chemical solution
requirements are met regarding dishwashing, pot washing and
* Monitor and maintain pest control requirements in accordance with
* Coordinate and assist with banquet function requirements as
* Assist Stewarding Staff with their job functions where needed to
ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards.
* Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to
Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
* Accommodate requests for additional wares expediently and
courteously. Follow up on delivery of all such items.
* Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review
status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have
experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of
responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of
observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities
required of a successful incumbent.
* Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
* Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to
themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings,
motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while
simultaneously managing several projects.
* Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to
build high level performance and consistency throughout
* Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
* Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to
accomplish results and achieve goals.
* Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
* Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability
to relate to diverse guest types.
* Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
* Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving
results through providing direction and accountability of the
following Grand Performers within the culture and policies
established by the Kessler Collection.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate
successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve
alignment and support.
* Property Culinary Team
* Property Food and Beverage Team
Work Environment / Conditions
* The work environment/conditions described herein are
representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
* Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
* Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
* Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in
excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
* Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high
temperatures and humidity
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
* High School diploma - required
* 3 years' experience in food service janitorial position -
* Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Savannah , Franchised Stewarding Supervisor, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!