Material Control Spec II
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Material Control Specialist II /--Savannah, GA 31408Kelly
Services is currently seeking a Material Control Specialist II for
one of our top clients in--Savannah, GA 31408. This is a great
opportunity with a leading Aircraft Manufacturing Company.
- Pay Rate: $19.03 per hr
- Location: Savannah, GA 31408
- Duration: Temp to Long Term - Possible Temp to Hire
- Start Date: ASAP
- Shift: Must be able to work any shiftJob Description:Under
direct supervision, the Material Control Specialist II performs a
variety of activities within the Material Logistics process:
DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control. And perform
related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations.Principal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to
ensure accurate movement of materials.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the
entire material flow process.
- Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and
ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper
- Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and
- Move material from one staging/stocking location to another,
using appropriate inventory transactions.
- Responsible for the processing of material using automated
systems; ensure the timely delivery of material.
- Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within
appropriate systems and expedite to using department.
- Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing
orders through the appropriate receipt process.
- Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material
and generate parts identification tags.
- Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as
required to move material.
- Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move
thrust reverses and nose cowls.
- Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material
- Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft
material, literature and other items being shipped to customer or
suppliers to meet needs.
- May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend
coverage as required by production schedule.
- Ensure housekeeping in work area.
- Comply with all company safety regulations.
- Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional
- Support a continuous improvement culture including lean
principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements,
safety, and cross functional teams.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult
in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
- Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.
- Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
- --Meet productivity requirements.
- Able to pass math and reading assessment.
- Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
- Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.Required Qualifications
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of material experience expediting and/or
warehouse operations.As a Kelly employee, you'll have access to
world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage
available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free
courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts**Important
information:----This Material Control Specialist II position is
recruited for by a remote Kelly Recruiter, not your local Kelly
office. For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this
job posting.It's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door
and gain valuable experience with a premiere company in the
area.Apply Today!Why Kelly--?You're looking to keep your career
moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that.
Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier
companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit
right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It
all adds up.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about
what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to
reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Savannah , Material Control Spec II, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!