Maintenance Worker- Conveyance & Distribution
Company: City of Savannah
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to put your Maintenance Skills to work building
you a career?
A career with opportunities for professional development and
If so, we want to hear from YOU...click APPLY today!
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot basic maintenance problems involving HVAC,
electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair or
replacement; performs carpentry, painting, or related repair or
- Performs various repairs.
- Maintains landscaping, storm drainage, and irrigation systems;
treats plants and turf for disease, installs and maintains backflow
prevention devices;repairs or replaces fencing and security
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance.
- Monitors water quality and chemistry; sizes and replaces
mechanical seals; installs and calibrates chlorination controllers;
installs, repairs, or replaces a variety of pool equipment.
- Estimates cost of repairs; selects and requisitions necessary
equipment and related supplies;oversees all work in progress to
ensure quality, timeliness and safety; inspects completed work to
ensure quality and conformance to code.
- Assists in the preparation of facilities for special events,
including setting up meeting rooms, building stages, laying
basketball courts, and setting up and breaking down show and event
- Assists in the preparation of parks and athletic fields for
special events, including assembling bleachers and picnic
- Performs general maintenance duties; cleans the interior and
exterior of parking structure; sweeps stairwell, empties trash
cans, picks up litter, replaces light bulbs, blows leaves, cleans
windows, and cleans restrooms.
- Cleans and maintains buildings, park and athletic facilities,
including mowing grass, removing litter, streets, utilities,
repairing fences and other equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent; six (6) months of related
maintenance experience necessary.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license with an
acceptable driving history.
May require the following certifications/licenses:
- Confined Space safety Certification
- ICS100 and ICS700
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Traffic control Flagging certification
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post
offer/pre-employment medical screen; andverification of education,
certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
Knowledge of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential
Knowledge of job-related safety hazards and precautionary
Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
Skill in the operation of assigned vehicles and equipment.
Skill in oral communication.
Keywords: City of Savannah, Savannah , Maintenance Worker- Conveyance & Distribution, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!