A Lead Cook is responsible for preparing food items in
accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's
continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial
profitability. Coordinates and expedites mealtime service on
production line. Trains new hires for line/station/pantry cook
positions. Fills in at any station on the line when the need
What will I be doing?
As a Lead Cook, you are responsible for preparing and presenting
high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and
Member experience. Specifically, you will be responsible for
performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Coordinates and expedites the kitchen staff to accelerate
service and ensure consistency in food quality and
- Prepares all food items according to recipe cards and correct
handling procedures. Maintains highest quality and
appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates
are clean and appetizing.
- Knowledge of cooking methods including broil, saut, grill,
making soups and sauces and general food prep, proper knife
handling, maintain proper temperature, sanitation, light dessert
knowledge required for plating specifications.
- Coordinates production charts and oversees requisition
- Trains newly hired line/station/pantry cooks to meet standards
laid out in job description.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and
safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as
part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
- Participate in hotel/department meetings.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the
hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation,
quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of
our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the
lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to
extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century,
Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in
accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated
to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest
experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth
with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to
create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every
day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!