Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager
Company: Strength of Nature Global, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Oversees organizational compliance with federal, state, and
local environmental, health and safety regulations and keeps
up-to-date on any changes to laws and regulations that impact the
organization. Ensures that all organizational functions including
production, warehousing and transportation, and facilities
activities operate in compliance with all environmental, health and
safety regulations. Directs the company EH&S programs to create
and maintain a culture of safety and environmental compliance in
which hazards are proactively identified and eliminated and all
employees are engaged in achieving a safe, compliant, and
- Develops and implements policies and programs to ensure the
safety of all plant personnel, compliance with all environmental
regulations, and security of the physical assets of the
- Develops and conducts training to inform company employees,
temporary employees, contractors, and visitors of plant safety
requirements and emergency protocols. Coordinates safety training
sessions provided by outside resources as necessary.
- Conducts routine inspections of facilities and activities and
coordinates correction of identified safety and compliance issues
to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations,
ensure the safety of plant personnel, and protect the physical
assets of the company.
- Maintains and completes required regulatory reports including
OSHA 300 Log and 300A Summary Report. Assists with completion of
Tier II and other regulatory reports as required.
- Responds to and coordinates response to incidents including
injuries, property damage, and chemical releases. Conducts root
cause analysis and develops solutions to ensure that incidents do
- Serves as liaison to regulatory agencies including OSHA, DNR,
EPA, DOT Fire Marshal, and emergency response personnel.
Coordinates routine inspections and drafts and submits responses to
inquiries by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates and serves as chair of safety committee. Provides
technical and administrative support for safety committee
- Assists department managers in developing safe operating
procedures and identifying safety equipment to meet departmental
- Manages disposal of chemical wastes including hazardous wastes.
Schedules waste shipments and ensures that waste accumulation and
shipment is compliant with EPA and other applicable environmental
- Coordinates company safety recognition program to foster
employee engagement in the safety process.
- Conducts plant security evaluations and works with management
team to develop solutions to minimize security risks.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, manages the workers
compensation program through coordination with WC carriers,
occupational physicians, and injured employees to efficiently get
employees well and back to work as soon as possible while
- Reports status of safety program and program needs to upper
management on a regular basis.
- Provides technical input for various plant meetings, as
- Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in safety engineering/management,
environmental science, or other environmental health and safety
related field or
- 3-5 years' experience in an industrial company with
environmental health and safety responsibilities required.
- Professional certification or licensing in the environmental
health and safety field preferred (e.g., Certified Safety
Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified
Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM).)
Keywords: Strength of Nature Global, Inc., Savannah , Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!