MS/US Art Teacher & Mentor
Company: Hilton Head Christian Academy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
HHCA is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Visual
Arts mentor to join our growing Fine Arts department. This position
will involve designing and implementing a 21st century visual arts
curriculum using a project based learning model for middle and
upper school students to prepare them for a career in the field.
The candidate should have professional experience with ceramics,
drawing and painting using various mediums and be passionate about
inspiring students. The ideal candidate would also be comfortable
with the latest technological tools in the artistic field, with
additional experience in graphic design and photography preferred.
The candidate should also be willing to be a team player, prepared
to put in the necessary time to ensure the success of department
wide events and projects throughout the year. All candidates would
be required to submit a sample of their professional artistic
portfolio in addition to the standard requirements.
The MS/US Fine Arts Mentor is responsible for Christ-centered,
artistic instruction that offers a superior education academically,
spiritually, and socially, in a structured, positive environment. A
Mentor is expected to use a variety of teaching methods that align
with HHCAs educational philosophy to actively engage students in
the process of learning and critical thinking, while collaborating
with other faculty members to maximize each students potential for
academic success. The MS/US Fine Arts Mentor works with the MS/US
Principal and Fine Arts Director to develop a students Christian
faith and a respectful, productive partnership with school
* Fully integrate a Christian Worldview throughout instruction.
* Instruct students using the inquiry-based, Christian-centered
education model, creating units aligned to the appropriate scope
and sequence of the curriculum.
* Employ a variety of lessons, tools and instructional strategies
to support 21st century learner to reach project goals.
* Create or adapt for their students, allowing students voice and
* Use standards to plan PBL to address key knowledge, understanding
in subject, to promote student independence, open-ended inquiry,
team spirit and quality.
* Maintain lesson plans for all subjects taught that can be
submitted to the Administrator and to provide plans and materials
for a substitute teacher.
* Use a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials (such
as hands-on, exploration, discovery, and all manner of student
writing, presentation and dialogue) that will provide creative ways
to reach students on multiple levels: spiritual, mental, physical,
social, and emotional.
* Integrate technology into classroom lessons.
* Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project
* Foster attitudes that will assist students in becoming
responsible and respectful students who glorify God.
* Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide
progress reports as required to students, parents and
* Communicate early notice of progress deficiencies, and provide
intervention plans for students so they are able to achieve
reasonable mastery of the subject.
* Keep proper discipline in the classroom, on the school premises
and on field trips to create a nurturing learning environment.
* Help maintain clean, organized and purposeful classroom learning
* Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records in
myHHCA of each students progress.
* Attend and participate in scheduled committees, staff meetings,
in-house professional development, devotions, and fine arts events
on the evenings or weekends. Seek out and attend educational
conferences and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and
improve professional competence.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree minimum; Certification preferred
Previous teaching experience- 3-5 years preferred.
Personal and Professional Profile:
* Be a born-again Christian, committed to the Lord, exhibiting a
close and dynamic daily walk with Jesus Christ.
* Be in agreement with and able to support the schools Statement of
* Be a student of God's Word and be able to apply Biblical truth in
speaking and counseling situations.
* Place the oneness of the Body of Christ above membership in a
particular denomination or church.
* Understand the distinctives of Christian education and HHCA and
be committed to those distinctives.
* Demonstrate Humble (think of others before self, live with
gratitude for Gods provision), Hungry (the desire for more,
yearning for deeper relationships with God and others), and Healthy
(work together as a community, communicate and interact with one
another in a healthy genuine, honest, supportive, encouraging way)
attitude and character
* Be an active supporter and promoter of HHCA in the classroom,
with parents and in the community at large.
* Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff,
students, faculty and parents.
* Have a teachable spirit and be able to take criticism with a
willingness to learn and grow.
* Be an innovative thinker and problem solver.
* Be well organized.
* Have excellent computer skills.
* Maintain confidentiality in all school matters.
* Be able to follow through on communications and decisions.
* Have professional experience and qualifications that match the
needs and responsibilities of the position.
Discounted tuition option for school aged children
Keywords: Hilton Head Christian Academy, Savannah , MS/US Art Teacher & Mentor, Other , bluffton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!