Public Safety Officer- SGHS
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Department: Safety & Security
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and
employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia
Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls
everything together: A team of committed professionals like you.
These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks
through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service
As a Public Safety Officer, you will supervise and monitor a shift
of Security Officers to provide a safe environment for patients,
Team Members, and visitors of Southeast Georgia Health System. For
our team members, this is more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Protecting life and property; overseeing the physical security
of the facility; actively, thoroughly, and unpredictably patrolling
the greater campus area on foot and by vehicle.
- Detecting and reporting violations of local, State, and Federal
law and violations of Health System policy in a timely manner.
- Actively monitoring compliance with and enforcing parking
- Monitoring Officers' compliance with Health System and
Department policies; coaching, counseling, and taking appropriate
corrective action when necessary.
- Overseeing morgue activities and processes related to deceased
persons, including recordkeeping and interaction with families/next
of kin, funeral homes, and the coroner's office.
- Responding to and actively participating in crisis intervention
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Georgia POST Certification
- Valid Georgia Drivers License
- Two years of law enforcement experience (supervisory experience
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible,
and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and
communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we
enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and
into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities,
mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of
cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet
professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and
work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package (full time and qualifying part time positions) which
includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and
wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients
...@sghs.org Associated topics: canine detection, casino, guard,
loss prevention, monitor, protection, public safety, school,
security officer, unarmed
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Savannah , Public Safety Officer- SGHS, Other , Brunswick, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!