Bike Shop Lead
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Hilton Head Island
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Follows company and department safety and security policies and
procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follows Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for
handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood
borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets
- Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately
upon occurrence to manager/supervisor. Follows policies and
procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment,
- Identifies and corrects unsafe work procedures or conditions
and/or report them to management and security/safety
- Completes appropriate safety training and certifications to
perform work tasks.
- Follows property specific procedures for handling emergency
situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural
- Uses proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective
clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as
necessary, to avoid injury. Policies and Procedures
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Ensures uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean,
hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Protects company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Welcomes and acknowledge every guest with a smile, eye contact,
and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when
- Engages guests in conversation regarding their stay, property
services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listens and responds positively to guest questions,
concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process
(e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response) to resolve issues, delight,
and build trust.
- Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions
of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening
to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive,
and timely manner.
- Assists other associates to ensure proper coverage and prompt
- Thanks guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond
- Provides assistance to individuals with disabilities, including
assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals
within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words
to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out
of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Discusses work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers,
supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public
areas of the property.
- Prepares and reviews written documents (e.g., daily logs,
business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and
editing written information to ensure accuracy and
- Talks with and listens to other associates to effectively
- Exchanges information with other associates using electronic
devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Assists coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Answers telephones using appropriate etiquette including
answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's
voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate
person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller
on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to
end the call.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and
professional language. Assists Management
- Serves as a departmental role model or mentor by working
alongside associates to perform technical or functional job
- Assists management in establishing and communicating goals,
performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or
departmental operations to hourly associates and ensure that they
- Assists management to ensure that hourly associates have the
necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g.,
supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Assigns and ensures work tasks are completed on time and that
they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Encourages and motivates associates to perform their best, take
responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and
provide input on possible improvements.
- Coordinates tasks and work with other departments to ensure
that the department runs efficiently.
- Ensures associate compliance with company standards and
policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA,
department-specific procedures such as food standards).
Working with Others
- Develops and maintains positive and productive working
relationships with other associates and departments.
- Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and
respect. Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Complies with
quality assurance expectations and standards. Physical Tasks
- Visually inspects tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects
weighing less than 50 pounds without assistance. Maintain Building
- Reports any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or
safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Savannah , Bike Shop Lead, Other , Hilton Head Island, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!