Guest Services Agent
Company: Sage Hospitality
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Stationed in the midst of Savannah’s
historic district, Perry Lane Hotel invites guests to immerse
themselves in all that is Savannah. Combining regional and
contemporary aesthetics, this Luxury Collection Hotel boasts 167
elegant guest rooms and three lively food and beverage venues.
Perry Lane Hotel is where true southern warmth endures as we
genuinely connect with our guests. Rather we are welcoming a
long-weekend adventurer, a business traveler, or a Savannah
sophisticate, we are setting the tone for our guest’s entire stay,
and we do so with creative spark and worldly elegance.
Our Front Office team seeks welcoming,
creative and polished team members with a heart of service. We
passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in
everything we do. We are known among our team, our guests and our
communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble and
innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed
Sage hotel & restaurant discounts across
Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
Free Shift Meal
At Sage we create a culture of belonging.
Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage team
members execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our
communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
Responds in a professional and courteous
manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing
accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone
and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information
and guest concerns.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for
arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and
computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in
rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by
following established manual and computer procedures in order to
close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in
person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates
and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell
room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls,
assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and
paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude,
know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of
computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public
and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a
variety of customer service problems, including stressful and
highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute
written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read written communiques and monochrome
- Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone
keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to
communicate both verbally and in writing.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending
and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files
and office items up to 25 lbs.
Prolonged standing at indoor,
thermostatically climate-controlled work station under florescent
lighting. Work inside 95%
Keywords: Sage Hospitality, Savannah , Guest Services Agent, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!