Company: First Transit
Posted on: September 12, 2021
First Transit, a leader in
fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance
services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician with strong mechanical
and diagnostic skills in our SCAD University
maintenance shop in Savannah, Georgia!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $28 hourly wage is based on experience & qualifications
- An additional $.25/hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches,
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid CDL B license required.
- 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- Master set of tools is highly preferred for this skill
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in the
company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and
- Master ASE Certification is highly
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Savannah , Diesel Mechanic, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!