Police Lieutenant - Full Time - Brunswick Campus
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Location: Saint Simons Island
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Department: Safety & Security
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider
and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia
Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls
everything together: A team of committed professionals like you.
These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks
through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service
As a Lieutenant, you will plan, organize, oversee, and coordinate
the daily activities of a Police and Security Officers on their
assigned shift. You will manage personnel and who provides
personal, real property, and equipment security throughout campus,
ensuring consistent and equitable enforcement of local, state, and
federal laws and Hospital regulations. You will review and approve
reports on incident and crime investigations. For our team members,
this is more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Serves as shift leader responsible for a shift of Public Safety
and Security Officers
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work
allocation, training, enforcement of internal procedures and
controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes
recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to
achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Reviews police reports and logbooks to ascertain that
information is recorded in conformance with regulations; determines
the need for follow-up; determines appropriate distribution
throughout the hospital community.
- Monitors Officers' compliance with Health System and Department
policies; coaches, counsels, and takes appropriate corrective
action when necessary.
- Oversees morgue activities and processes related to deceased
persons, including recordkeeping and interaction with families/next
of kin, funeral homes, and the coroner's office.
- Participates as a member of various committees, including
departmental hiring and promotion, and may assist in developing and
communicating departmental operating procedures.
- Represents the organization at various meetings, committees,
and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or
- Responsible for overseeing lost & found operations, valuables
handling and storage, and control of department issued keys.
- Responds to and actively participates in crisis intervention
- Implements directives from the director and chief and performs
all other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed the required training course at Georgia
Police Academy and have received a certificate of graduation as
required by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- Two years law enforcement experience; supervisory experience
- Valid Georgia driver's license, POST certification number.
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible,
and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and
communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we
enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and
into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities,
mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of
cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet
professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and
work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package (full time and qualifying part time positions) which
includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and
wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Savannah , Police Lieutenant - Full Time - Brunswick Campus, Other , Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!