Speech Pathologist - PRN - Brunswick Campus
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Location: Saint Simons Island
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Position Type: Exempt
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider
and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia
Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls
everything together: A team of committed professionals like you.
These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks
through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service
As a Speech Pathologist, you will evaluate and utilize therapeutic
techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with speech and
language disorders, and oral motor disorders. You will organize and
conduct medically prescribed therapy programs to restore function
and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body
part. You will help patients reach out his/her maximum performance
while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
For our team members, this is more than a career - it's a
You will be responsible for:
- Practices Speech Therapy consistent with American Speech and
Hearing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Respects and understands the patient's right to treatment and
right to involvement in treatment decisions.
- Performs evaluations/assessments with special attention to
receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and
oral competence, articulation, swallowing, and auditory skills.
Attends to specific patient variables such as motivation and
stamina in planning treatment programs.
- Develops rehabilitation goals and objectives that are
measurable, described in functional and/or behavioral terms, and
includes estimated or relevant time frames for achievement,
anticipating discharge disposition. Completes all appropriate
documentation to maximize financial remuneration.
- Confers with the person(s) most closely associated with the
active management of the patient and keeps them informed of any
additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress.
Serves as educator and/or resource for patients, families, care
givers and other direct patient care providers to assess, instruct,
correct, and/or provide information about practice skills and
techniques appropriate for all ages.
- Participates in the improvement of patient satisfaction, job
specific processes or procedures. Organizes personal time
requirements and demonstrates ability to establish priorities for
- Actively participates in compliance with The Joint Commission
standards, both departmentally and organization wide.
What you will need:
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting and Modified
Barium Swallow evaluation is preferred.
- Current Georgia licensure to practice as a Speech
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible,
and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and
communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we
enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and
into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities,
mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of
cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet
professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and
work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your
skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition
reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to
an onsite gym). Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community
Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler
Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration
forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant
initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care
provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Savannah , Speech Pathologist - PRN - Brunswick Campus, Other , Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!