Mortgage Loan Processor
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
This is NOT a remote position, it would be located in Savannah,
- Accurately prepares and processes mortgage loan files. To
accomplish this goal, processors need to review the borrowers
credit, property, compensation, and employment stability to
document applicants capacity and willingness to repay debt.
Performing a final review of the file and preparing final
submission documents for underwriting.
- Contacts and follows up with borrowers by phone, mail or e-mail
to communicate needed information for timely processing of loan
request. Follow up with attorneys, insurance agents, realtors and
other involved parties to obtain needed information for timely
submission of the loan file. Maintains communication with loan
officers on loan file statuses. Performs problem resolution when
- Assists borrowers with the application process or status in the
loan officers absence.
- Processes loans in accordance with the Banks policies and
procedures for processing, underwriting, and closing mortgage loans
that are maintained in the Banks portfolio.
- Participates in various training opportunities and maintains
updated information provided by various sources to assure knowledge
of the most current bank, investor and program guidelines.
- Perform a thorough review of the underwriters approval letter
to determine what is required to complete the processing and close
the loan. Prepares the file for the closer. Assures all prior to
closing conditions have been met. Assures all Calyx buckets are
up-to-date and in order for accurate shipping of the file. (Ex:
- Provides backup for other processors for vacations, sick leave,
- Maintains and updates mortgage calendar with scheduled closings
and works files according to scheduled dates. Advises MLOs and
other parties when closing dates cannot be met.
- Follow all Bank Secrecy Act policies and procedures in order to
assist in detecting and preventing money laundering and other
illegal activities being conducted through the company.
- Submit bills for payment processing. (Ex: Appraisals)
- Perform a final review of the file, which includes final
figures, AUS and all other important information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain education and professional expertise through attendance at
job related seminars, conferences, and workshops.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Queensborough, Savannah , Mortgage Loan Processor, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!