APPLICATIONS ENGINEER 3
Company: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Daniel Defense Only the Best Build the Best--- Daniel Defense
engineers and manufactures the world's finest weapon systems and
accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top quality
small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement
communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home
defense, hunting and sport shooting. As an Applications Engineer 3,
you will be responsible for the functions outlined below:Essential
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of
environmental health and safety principles, policies and
- Plans designs and coordinates integration of machinery and
equipment into manufacturing process of industrial establishment,
applying knowledge of engineering and programming, precision
measuring instruments, and computer software's.
- Writes CNC machine operating programs using computer aided CAM
software or edits existing machine programs, applying knowledge of
programming language and computer.
- Designs work holding solutions to manufacture components to
print specifications using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Uses Solidworks, MasterCAM, Esprit, or related software's.
- Participates in part print design reviews and makes suggestions
towards ease of manufacture.
- Determines the parts, equipment, tools, and processes needed in
order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product
- Programs CNC machines, set-up machines/trouble shooting,
complete machine run-off as needed.
- Conducts manufacturing capability studies of machined
components to ensure consistent capability to produce parts as to
the design content.
- Operates manual tool room equipment as well as CNC mills,
lathes, and grinders.
- Researches equipment needs for manufacturing of in house
components and provides feedback to manager regarding equipment
- Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems;
redesign existing systems to meet production goals.
- Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are
installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Mentors, trains, and educates engineers, and machinist in metal
removal, fixture design, work holding, and programming.
- Must be able to run multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be able to work with and supply programs to multiple
machinist at the same time.
- Participates in the company's efforts to continuously improve
in Safety, 6S, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high
integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by
management. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Manufacturing
Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and 4-7 years of experience
(to include CNC machining/programming experience); or a combination
of related experience, education and/or training to sufficiently
and successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- May conduct user training.
- May supervise and guide the work of junior engineers.
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Work is independent and collaborative in nature.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within the field.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with
others is a must.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education as deemed
necessary by management.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T) as well as blueprint reading.
- Ability to manage time efficiently; prioritize
responsibilities; work under the pressure of deadlines and work in
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping
- Self-motivated; willing to put in extra effort and hours as
- Ability to work, interact, and effectively communicate with all
company officials, employees, vendors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with
our Permission to Play Values.
- It is understood employees may be assigned to other
departments, functional groups, and/or shifts as deemed necessary
by management. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending
throughout the normal work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include
working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals,
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment
as required by your position and/or Company policy. Daniel Defense
is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free
Workplace." Note: The statements above are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned
to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this
job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of
the employer and do not establish a contract of employment - Daniel
Defense is an at-will employer. PI177328725
Keywords: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC, Savannah , APPLICATIONS ENGINEER 3, Other , Ellabell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!